Status
Not open for further replies.
Darknesss Fury said:
I have found a solution for me!

I have do this:

1) booted iBoot 3.1.1
2) installed OSX 10.6 retail (on HD)
3) reboot over iBoot to my new HD
4) Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.8. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)
5) In Terminal, type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
6) Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache (yes again). If multibeast fails, install kext utility from multibeast and then run that from your applications.
7) Reboot and update 10.6.7 Combo Update (still keeping the iboot disk in the drive)
8) Don't restart after 10.6.7 update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run and install chimera. Once chimera is done installing shut down your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive.
8.5) Install the 10.6.8 Update and reboot.
8.5 b) Install a discrete GPU like ATI or nVidia card and run your PC.
9) Once your back at the desktop. Run multibeast again (last time I promise) and select:
System Utilites, Drivers & bootloaders > kexts and enablers > network > Realtek Gigabit Ethernet (just tickbox the last one), then Customizations > system definitions >iMac > iMac 12,2

And now i have 10.6.8! But the resolution it's blocked to 1024x768 in HDMI with my ATI Radeon HD 4350, i have to try with the GeForce 210, but i'm happy for this result for now! :headbang:

I'm going to try this and hopefully I can get my dual booting to work again!

I use GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 have Kernal panics. Then I try follow you 's step. It can pass update very easy. But I not select option USB3 driver from multiBeast because USB Driver name it not same like my board (USB3 from Etron Chip control). If I use driver (USB3 Driver Renesis) from multiBeast 3.8.0. It can make a OS error after install it ?

ken1980 said:
I use GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 have Kernal panics. Then I try follow you 's step. It can pass update very easy. But I not select option USB3 driver from multiBeast because USB Driver name it not same like my board (USB3 from Etron Chip control). If I use driver (USB3 Driver Renesis) from multiBeast 3.8.0. It can make a OS error after install it ?

It might be ok, if not then use the other driver and run the system utilities in multibeast and see if it corrects it. I'm not 100% sure in your case. I used the drivers in multibeast based on a few threads in here and my usb seems fine but I don't have any usb 3.0 devices to test it. No KP so far but I haven't tried the usb 3.0 yet.

HOTDOGS said:
Darknesss Fury said:
I have found a solution for me!

I have do this:

1) booted iBoot 3.1.1
4) Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.8. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)
6) Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache (yes again). If multibeast fails, install kext utility from multibeast and then run that from your applications.
7) Reboot and update 10.6.7 Combo Update (still keeping the iboot disk in the drive)
8) Don't restart after 10.6.7 update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run and install chimera. Once chimera is done installing shut down your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive.
8.5) Install the 10.6.8 Update and reboot.
8.5 b) Install a discrete GPU like ATI or nVidia card and run your PC.
9) Once your back at the desktop. Run multibeast again (last time I promise) and select:
System Utilites, Drivers & bootloaders > kexts and enablers > network > Realtek Gigabit Ethernet (just tickbox the last one), then Customizations > system definitions >iMac > iMac 12,2

And now i have 10.6.8! But the resolution it's blocked to 1024x768 in HDMI with my ATI Radeon HD 4350, i have to try with the GeForce 210, but i'm happy for this result for now! :headbang:

I'm going to try this and hopefully I can get my dual booting to work again!

Didn't work, I'm going to try one more fresh install and if doesn't work I'll just come back to it tomorrow. IM PISSED!

Now i have to try a fresh install with SL 10.6.7 Retail and GeForce 210, if doesn't work i use the guide and install the nVidia GPU when i have do everything :thumbup:

EDIT: I have try to installa my GeForce 210 in HDMI and work perfectly! Now i want to do a fresh install with the 10.6.7 Retail and GeForce 210 installed, if doesn't work, i have to do fresh install with my metod and everything have to work perfectly like now :headbang:

EDIT 2: I can't try fresh install with 10.6.3 or 10.6.7 Retail because my copy are damaged...

This is the nickolasemp tutorial with some my mod!

1) booted iBoot 3.1.1
4) Remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.7. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)
8) Don't restart after 10.6.7 Combo Update. Run multibeast again and select easybeast + run and install chimera. Once chimera is done installing reboot your computer after you remove the iboot disk from the cd drive.
8.5) Repeat STEP 4 and 5; Install the 10.6.8 Update and SHUTDOWN your PC.
8.5 b) Install a discrete ATI or nVidia GPU card and run your PC.

I have a question :rolleyes: when i shutdown my PC, after some seconds the PC turns on by itself :eek: why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back