Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce 9800 GT Silent Cell
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just bought a 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD. But no matter what I did, I could not format or erase it. I always get the error: "Partition failed with the error: Unable to write to the last block of the device."

I then installed it in a external HD case and connected with USB to my Windows laptop. Here I could initialise it as a MBR, but not GUID. As MBR I could format it. But this did not help me when I put it back in my Hack.

Any ideas? Advice?

SanDisk claim that it's a Mac-problem... I will probably have to return it if I don't find anything soon. But will another disk work any better?????

I have two of these: one in my Hack and one in a MacBook Pro. Both formatted and work fine. I'd get it replaced.

^
+1

Seems to be a bad drive. Return it for a new one. I personally prefer the Crucial M4 drives or intel/samsung drives, they seem to always work without fail. Stay away from OCZ agility series drives (and just OCZ in general).

Good luck, stinks that you have this issue right when you buy a new drive!

Ok, I just bought a Samsung 830 SSD and this one formatted without any problems. Will return the SanDisk ASAP.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back