Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3) with 16 Gb 1333Mhz DDR3
CPU
Sandy Bridge i5-2500K OC'd to 4.3 GhZ
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti /w 4Gb vram
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got a 1 Tb Samsung T1 USB3 ssd yesterday. Initially it was displaying only 200 meg boot partition which contained the software. The original one didn't work so I went to Sammys site and d/l the drivers for the T3 (Newer models with usb c) Formatted the storage with HFS+ used for Carbon Cloner, and even boot up Sierra from the copy...zero performance difference. Also got rid of the samsung firmware after decrypting ssd.

However since I have a 6 series mobo with eTron J138, Sierra never recognised my USB3 ports to start off with, but I seem to get native usb3 speeds (450 Mb/s stated) . My issue is that in the disk utility Info details, the T1 is not recognised as an SSD, which means no TRIM support. How how di Get sierra to recognise as an ssd?

Attaching screenshots,
Thanks.

startup.png
usb-info.png

Attachments

• disk-util.png
    disk-util.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 156
I got a 1 Tb Samsung T1 USB3 ssd yesterday. Initially it was displaying only 200 meg boot partition which contained the software. The original one didn't work so I went to Sammys site and d/l the drivers for the T3 (Newer models with usb c) Formatted the storage with HFS+ used for Carbon Cloner, and even boot up Sierra from the copy...zero performance difference. Also got rid of the samsung firmware after decrypting ssd.

However since I have a 6 series mobo with eTron J138, Sierra never recognised my USB3 ports to start off with, but I seem to get native usb3 speeds (450 Mb/s stated) . My issue is that in the disk utility Info details, the T1 is not recognised as an SSD, which means no TRIM support. How how di Get sierra to recognise as an ssd?

Attaching screenshots,
Thanks.

You can't. TRIM isn't supported over USB. However, most modern drives (including your Samsung T1, I'm sure) have their own garbage collection, so TRIM isn't as crucial as it once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back