4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Been running a Samsung SM951 NVMe PCIe M.2 on 10.12.x with good success for some time here. I haven't actually been successful at spoofing or such, just been running the kexts.

With the advent of 10.13 I've heard rumblings that this may no longer need any kind of patching with @RehabMan's NVME patch. Is this the case?

Trying to ascertain the proper way to go here: 1) upgrade to 10.13 or 2) fresh install? And with either of these paths, what's the right way to proceed with each with regards to this NVMe card?

Been running a Samsung SM951 NVMe PCIe M.2 on 10.12.x with good success for some time here. I haven't actually been successful at spoofing or such, just been running the kexts.

With the advent of 10.13 I've heard rumblings that this may no longer need any kind of patching with @RehabMan's NVME patch. Is this the case?

Trying to ascertain the proper way to go here: 1) upgrade to 10.13 or 2) fresh install? And with either of these paths, what's the right way to proceed with each with regards to this NVMe card?

It will probably work with vanilla 10.13 IONVMeFamily.kext.

yllapilate, I recommend you not be in hurry to update to High Sierra 10.13.0. APFS and the fact that it's the "0" initial release means too many bugs to be fixed. I'm not planning to upgrade my production system and MBP until 10.13.3. I'm just not a masochist.

I hear you. It has been really solid and there've been some fantastic improvements on my other "real" macs. Some of the improvements have been various things that I've even seen some issues with on my Hackintosh systems, so..... It's made me want to go for it. Maybe I'll wait. Still sitting on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back