Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z7C-***** Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: I just updated my Chronos to 10.8.5 through the app store in order to run XCode 5.0 and develop apps targeting iOS 7.0. After it forced me to restart I got a kernel panic in AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. I had to manually replace this and the 3 other kexts from the original installation steps and fix the permissions. After I did that everything worked fine.

I recommend manually downloading, installing the update and restoring the 4 kexts before the reboot in order to save yourself the stress of a kernel panic and figuring out how to fix kexts from the command prompt. You can get it from here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1676

From the original post... "1. Create a Unibeast boot drive as per usual. 2. Replace the DSDT.aml, boot.plist and smbios.plist files with the ones from the installation package."

I created a Unibeast boot drive. I didn't do it "as per usual", because I don't usually do this. But I did it as per the guide on this site (http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html).

The problem I'm having is that I can't find, on the created Unibeast USB drive, the DSDT.aml and boot.plist files to replace. I found the smbios.plist, but "find . -name 'DSDT.aml'" and "find . -name 'boot.plist'" from the /Volumes/USB folder turned up nothing.

Is there a particular version of the Mountain Lion installer I'm supposed to have in the /Applications folder? 10.8.2? 10.8.3? I'm stuck, guys....

I, too, am having trouble determining where you place these files on the USB drive. I cannot find any. I searched around a bit figuring I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any further info on this.

Any input would be appreciated.

I, too, am having trouble determining where you place these files on the USB drive. I cannot find any. I searched around a bit figuring I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any further info on this.

Any input would be appreciated.

Look in your Extra folder on the USB. It is hidden, but you can still get there with Finder's Go to Folder.

Look in your Extra folder on the USB. It is hidden, but you can still get there with Finder's Go to Folder.

That did the trick.

Thank you kindly.

Any updates on using Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5C-S01UB, and the graphics issues Fender posted? I have the same laptop and I am wanting to try OS X on it.

Thanks
Hubs

I have invariably run into the same issue. I tried a "clean" unibeast USB stick, and it does the same thing. Searching the 'net now to see if anyone else has had the same issue. No luck so far, but will post an update if I figure it out.

EDIT: I should point out that my machine has the AMD 6490M chipset for graphics (it's switchable with an intel HD [x]000 - I'm not sure if it is 4000 or 3000).

EDIT2: The exact model number of the one I'm using is NP700Z5B-W01UB.

I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z5C-S01UB (UB because it was purchased at the local Best Buy) and I decided to load Mountain Lion on it. Everything is working pretty much perfect after using your guide EXCEPT the graphics. Using the DSDT file you provided and the kexts, etc. I seem to get an issue with the display. It shows at full 1600X900 resolution (it's only a 15in, not 17in) and acceleration is enabled, but there is a ton of artifacts on the screen! It is hardly viewable, I mean there are lines and things everywhere and it has a blueish tint. If I tilt the screen all the way back with full brightness, I can barely read the screen. I've tried most of the other manual injections in the boot.plist file but I seem to just get no display rather than the artifact filled one. Please could you assist me with my problem as soon as possible, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jeremy

I think the problem is you're using a DSDT from another computer. Instead you should patch your own DSDT. Different computers tend to have different SystemMemory configurations (these are called out in the DSDT) and so using a DSDT from another computer might have the *wrong* SystemMemory addresses for your computer causing strange lockups and graphic artifacts.

Has anybody tried 10.9 "Mavericks" on the NP700, yet? Are we going to have to wait for a whole new slew of kext's, or are the old ones working?

So I spent the weekend following these instructions to build a Mavericks hackintosh out of my 01US (17.3" 3615 i7CPU). After a little wrestling I've gotten everything working except the touchpad. Up until a bit ago I thought the keyboard was going out randomly, but I just discovered that the keyboard actually cuts out when I try to use the touchpad. This is an unusual problem, and I've spent some time trying to correct it, but so far have had no luck.

I've tried the PS/2 fix in Multibeast, as well as previous versions of that ps/2 patch. I've also tried the most recent version of VoodooPS2, also with the same issue. I've run out of ideas and am hoping that someone with more experience might be able to point me in the right direction.

Disclosure, I am completely new to hackintosh (as of this weekend) so I might need a little extra explanation here and there, but I do have ten years in computer and network engineering, so am not completely useless.

Any help people here could give me would be greatly appreciated.

So I spent the weekend following these instructions to build a Mavericks hackintosh out of my 01US (17.3" 3615 i7CPU). After a little wrestling I've gotten everything working except the touchpad. Up until a bit ago I thought the keyboard was going out randomly, but I just discovered that the keyboard actually cuts out when I try to use the touchpad. This is an unusual problem, and I've spent some time trying to correct it, but so far have had no luck.

I've tried the PS/2 fix in Multibeast, as well as previous versions of that ps/2 patch. I've also tried the most recent version of VoodooPS2, also with the same issue. I've run out of ideas and am hoping that someone with more experience might be able to point me in the right direction.

Disclosure, I am completely new to hackintosh (as of this weekend) so I might need a little extra explanation here and there, but I do have ten years in computer and network engineering, so am not completely useless.

Any help people here could give me would be greatly appreciated.

What PS2 trackpad is in your laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back