Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 5 10.8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll have to learn to compile! :D

Install xcode. Install xcode command line tools. Change to the directory. Type 'make'...

Install xcode. Install xcode command line tools. Change to the directory. Type 'make'...

I have Xcode not sure about the command line tools; got it logged into developer.apple.com and found it in the downloads section

I have Xcode not sure about the command line tools; got it logged into developer.apple.com and found it in the downloads section

You can also download/install them right from xcode prefs.

Okay so the display is enabled but its too dim. The brightness slider works (from PNLF) to adjust the brightness works; but it wont go up as far as I think it needs to.
Can you please share your EDID with me? I'm unable to dump my EDID with MonInfo, with linux get-edid and even with DOS tools. I've altered some NVidia sample EDID for Linux to suit my resolution, but still have glitches. Maybe the EDID from similar samsung will suit me better (perhaps I'll only need to change the panel size, as i've got 14" laptop 530U4B, not 13" one). Thanks

How did you manage your internal display to get rid of the fog issue? I'm having the same issue with my samsung Series 5. It's a NP530u3c, Hd3000, 0116. I've already used chimera/chameleon, and now tried Clover, but i'm getting the same results on both...

I'm using my EDID, extracted via windows... so i'm assuming it's fine.

Thanks in advance!

I'm using my EDID, extracted via windows... so i'm assuming it's fine.
Thanks in advance!

I find this funny, assuming something from microsoft is fine. I actually made progress today, after toying with it off and on for months. There are a couple of things going on that cause the issue at least on my NP540. The display is non-ddc, aka, not plug and play. So, there is a need for the EDID to be patched. Beyond that, I believe there is possibly a misconfigured PCI bridge, or an eDP to LVDS adapter. The HD4000 listed at ark.intel for my CPU does not support LVDS.

Anyway, because of the misconfigured PCI bridge (thats what I'm calling it, might not really be the case, but meh), you need to inject a fake ID for IMEI. The DSDT patch for mixed configurations, Ivy Bridge on SNB will work. After that, I'm using layout ID 0166000A, atleast for now, I might port some of the layout information into another framebuffer and test a patched Capri. My device is a 7-series and the graphics are HD4000 (although it is on an i3, so this is quite the mixed config!!)

So far, requirements:
Fake ID for IMEI
EDID override
ig-platform-id 0166000A

I havent done much more testing beyond this yet, but in order to add the HDMI, capri is going to have to be patched, probably configuring @2 (in a) port with ports defined in ig-platform-id 3

I find this funny, assuming something from microsoft is fine. I actually made progress today, after toying with it off and on for months. There are a couple of things going on that cause the issue at least on my NP540. The display is non-ddc, aka, not plug and play. So, there is a need for the EDID to be patched. Beyond that, I believe there is possibly a misconfigured PCI bridge, or an eDP to LVDS adapter. The HD4000 listed at ark.intel for my CPU does not support LVDS.

Anyway, because of the misconfigured PCI bridge (thats what I'm calling it, might not really be the case, but meh), you need to inject a fake ID for IMEI. The DSDT patch for mixed configurations, Ivy Bridge on SNB will work. After that, I'm using layout ID 0166000A, atleast for now, I might port some of the layout information into another framebuffer and test a patched Capri. My device is a 7-series and the graphics are HD4000 (although it is on an i3, so this is quite the mixed config!!)

So far, requirements:
Fake ID for IMEI
EDID override
ig-platform-id 0166000A

I havent done much more testing beyond this yet, but in order to add the HDMI, capri is going to have to be patched, probably configuring @2 (in a) port with ports defined in ig-platform-id 3

Hi, I have the same problem of you. Could make backlight works? What part of EDID Do I need to patch?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back