ATI 6870 1 Gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've installed Mountain Lion on my Samsung R780, everything is working except I don't have my esata hdd mounted in Mountain Lion. It does show up in my Snow Leopard partition, so it isn't something with my hdd.
I tried the 3rd party sata & esata options in Multibeast, but nothing changed?

Anyone who can help?

I'm installing mountaion lion on my R780 as we speak. I'm Using Unibeast 5.1.2 and I was wondering if you found a guide to install mountain lion as I'm just flying blind. The only thing I could find was Lion tutorials. I'd appreciate it if you can provide any info you have on the steps you took to get it working as well as you have. I was getting a bluetooth error then I just connected an external keyboard and mouse. I'm hoping there are multibeast settings that will correct that issue. Any help would be appreciated.

update:
I have installed mountain lion and I have everything working except sleep, brightness and sound. Please let me know if you have these working and if so how I'm at my wits end.

Which R780 do you have?
I have a R780-js06 (with i5-450m, gt330m 1 Gb).
I have a working Snow Leopard also with a dsdt-aml.
I have used this dsdt.aml with the ML installation.
Sleep is working with setting hibernatemode=0.
Brightness is also working with this dsdt.aml.
For the audio I used the applehda.kext from my snow leopard installation, as I couldn't get it working with other methods.
Regarding the esata issue, it was related to the chipset in the enclosure, another enclosure with different chipset is working.
Both were working with Snow Leopard.

I have the R780-JS01US Core i5-430 with GT 330M 1GB
I also had a working snow leopard until my drive died so I now have an ssd and started from scratch with ML
I Didn't use a DSDT last time but I am familiar with how to install it. I'd like to get a copy of the one you have or where to get it if possible
I'm not sure how to set hibernate mode=0
I'd also like to try the applehda.kext you are using.
Also when you install your DSDT what mutibeast settings are you using?

Regarding the audio, this is the link to the kexts I'm using:
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=847
They are working for me with ML.
This is my dsdt.aml: see attachment
For the hibernate mode, open terminal and type "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0"
The dsdt is patched so that the laptop sleeps at lid close and wakes with the power button.
This can sometimes takes awhile.
Regarding the multi beast settings, I don't exactly remember al the settings, but I think this where the settings (schermafbeelding.png)
The ps/2 settings also worked directly with our keyboard, sound and brightness are working, as is the alt key as command.

Hopefully you can do something with my files.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Schermafbeelding 2012-12-17 om 20.02.08.png
    Schermafbeelding 2012-12-17 om 20.02.08.png
    86 KB · Views: 325
Can somebody help me to install Mountain Lion on Samsung R780? Please i really need help it worked on Lion but now i don't know how to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast! I can't find any solution in Google! :banghead:

Can somebody help me to install Mountain Lion on Samsung R780? Please i really need help it worked on Lion but now i don't know how to install Mountain Lion with Unibeast! I can't find any solution in Google! :banghead:

Share your boot (verbose) screenshot

Hey guys!I installed 10.8 on my R780, but I can only boot with -x after installation! I made it with iHack and the installation was succesful. When I try to boot normal, the Apple-Logo comes and the little ringlet comes but the LED on my Laptop which is for Working is not blinking! :( So please what can I do? :banghead:

Samsung R780 - install

1.purchase ML and mount it and install it to your present system then restart. 2.in finder go to your boot disk where you have extra-folder, mien is named "lionking" and locate ml installed folder named "OS X Install Data"
3.start show-finder app, mount "InstallESD.dmg" next mount "BaseSystem.dmg".

goog! 4.use disk-utility to restore BaseSystem.dmg to usb.
if successful, go back to"InstallESD.dmg-folder, then "BaseSystem.dmg" again and copy packages-foldr
and open your usb. open system, open installation,delete package-allias and paste yours.

install multibeast ml-vasion
1-all disk kext
2-FakeSMC
3-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext optional
4-PS/2 Keyboard
5-chimera v1

all this kext install to usb
but note pls do non´t use easybeast style on usb
all don manually thanks. i will attach my usb-extra-folder latter

5.boot with -v -f -x do this altogether or -v -x and pray and hope to win, for this part is "LEGENDARY"
THEN if successful install mountainLion,then restart and go back to your older-system linking or whatever.

6. multi-beast your new system disk "Mlion"
with installing these kext. starting with your choices, using
1.easybeast or Userdsdt depends if having dsdt or you don´t want one.
best case for me is go LEGENDARY style, Manually-beastin

2-10.8.x opencl
3-FakeSMC
4-PS/2 KEYBOAD Mice ane Trackpads
5-patched App-intel-cpu-pwment
6-10.6.8 AppleACPIPlatform.kex
7-AppleRTC.kext for CMOS Reset
8-Chimera v1.11.1 r1394
9-Sandy Bridge Core i5 SSDT

this part is tricky, menythimes stocking at sage-levle. Best advice for anyone with using R780 is,
try using your old-plist,

boot.plist or use one on this treed
sometimes old smbios.plist . could be some from install-usb-drive,
compare them to your own before pasting it into extra-folder.
Now restart your computer and boot on to new-OS X with -v combined sometimes with -x or -f, then pray hard and hope as you study verbose-mode MEN-SAGE FOR YOUR NEXT UPER-CUT MOVE
if successful, create your account and reaper permission and restart to go back again without -v -x -

7. install
1- Audio 269 kext,
2- Wifi kext. supported mLion.
up to 10.8.3 on NR780 But always lookout for

ioNetwortfamily kext,
IO80211Family "
Apple80211Monitor.bundle. and pls
keep note of which one work for you and save the for the next version of os x
you can also take them from older os x version to find ones that works with the new one.
install kextbeast and repair permission with Disk-utility

hope this helps.
3di-legendary-style
sage-4all

samsung NP-R780 JS09DE os x= mountain-lion vs mavericks
sound = working with 269 appleHDA
key-board = working with PS/2 M&T
brightens,volume,keypad = with dsdt FN-style
wifi = working with ionetworkfamly, io80211family,deviceMeNuB,IONDRVSupp.
sometime, version need to be changed Apple80211m-bundle, which S/L/SCFGRTION

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
  • DSDT.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 101
  • HDD-Extra.zip
    131.6 KB · Views: 92
  • USB-Extra.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
  • wifi.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 125