Contribute
Register

Samsung R580 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
S/L/E

And this one IO80211Family.kext which I cannot upload because it is too large (this one is for wifi). Just google around and u will find it. Good luck-and this should work, dont give up because the R580 is a great machine to run SL (and hopefully Lion) on-trust me on this!!!! :D :D :D

Attachments

• VoodooBattery.kext.zip
    40.6 KB · Views: 98
try arch=i386 busratio=17. had trouble booting 64 bit with multibeast bootloader. also are you sure you have ahci in the bios set to manual/enabled, the USB settings disabled and legacy os disabled?

Big_Sexy said:
Here is what I did I have a R580 with an i5 and 310M nVidiA Card. Download the 10.6.5 combo update and everything else you need before hand (on external drive or thumb or even a DVD) to have after you install SL. using iBoot+MultiBeat. Run the 10.6.5 update, and then run multibeast (only check this ONE option=EasyBeast when you run the program the first time)........This might kill the trackpad (after u restart)...., just reinstall the keyboard and trackpad kext(s) with a usb mouse and keyboard if necessary...... Run MultiBeast again (before you restart) and install the programs it comes with to install kext, which is kext helper b7. Use kext helper b7 to install the kexts i'm using to S/L/E folder (which is the only location it will install to, for the Extra/Extensions folder you can drag and drop as long as u use kext utility afterwords). Then everything should be good, restart and then use software update (click the apple in the upper left status bar) and download and install only the 10.6.6 update . After you install 10.6.6 u can use software update to update other things if you like. Here are the kexts Im using but I'm using a DSDT so Just click easybeast only in multiBeast. And add the kext I have in your System/Library/Extensions folder using kext helper or kext beast EDITED: One of these is in MultiBeast but wait until after you install EasyBeast option from MultiBeast, don't restart yet...install the programs from multibeast and then install the kexts before you restart.

System/Library/Extensions

You said you were using a DSDT? Is that something I could do? If so, could I restore it back to the original if I want to?
I'm trying what you wrote above now, but the only way I can get my USB to mount is if I try to run it in normal mode (i.e. not using -x), which is slow as balls and everything looks corrupted...

Edit: Using the arch=i386 flag got rid of the corruption, but unfortunately its still really, really slow.

You could possibly use a DSDT but it is beyond me, I got lucky and someone named forch helped me edit Mine. But my system ran just as well without it, the only difference being that sleep works with the DSDT. The only way you could used mine is if you had the exact same hardware; down to the sound card and everything. It might be a good idea to wipe your hard drive clean with the Disk Utility program once you boot into the OSX installer, before you install OSX. Just reformat the whole disk a few times with random formats a few times to get it clean, and the last time you (re)Format use ""Mac OS Extended Journaled"" Format so you can install OSX. This is what I had to do to my disk to get every thing to work properly. The only boot flags I have ever used are cpus=1 and busratio=17, but both weren't really neccasery though they might help you. I'm telling you, you should be able to get OSX running on your machine better that windows runs on it :D :D :D :D :D Don't give up you will love OSX. And make sure you go into your BIOS (press F2...usually... when the computer starts up to enter ur BIOS) and make sure you have "enable AHCI" by changing.....ohhhh i forget exactly what it is but something like "hard drive mode" from "Automatic" to AHCI. Let me know if u get it installed.

I formatted my hard drive multiple times, as you suggested, and installed a fresh copy of Snow Leopard 10.6.0. I booted into it, and ran the 10.6.5 Combo update, and got a kernal panic :( I took a picture this time of it. Also, I had already changed my bios options according to a guide I read. The ones I changed were the legacy OS boot (to disabled), the ACPI setting to Manual and Enabled, and one other (that I can't recall right now). Thank you.
Photo0139.jpg

Weird. I'm not sure when Apple added support for the Core i Series but I think it was after 10.6 but I'm not sure. If so though this could be your problem and you would need to obtain a copy of 10.6.3 to install. For me after I finally bought a retail version to install, It couldn't have been easier. All I had to do was boot from iBoot, take out iBoot CD and put in the SL retail disk and install without any hiccups at all. Then of course update with a combo update and use MultiBeast to be able to boot from the HD. Allthough this was after a couple of months I spent trying to get it installed with a unofficial version. For know just give it a go and try over and over, and I believe u should get it to install. Unless Apple added supported for the Core i series after 10.6.0 which i believe u have a Core i. Search around a little about that and check. If they didn't ad support for Core i until after 10.6 u need to get a 10.6.3 disk to install. Are you close to a Apple store or could u get ur hands on a 6.3 disk easy??? Either way, message me your email so that I can send you something you might want. Don't give up yet, your soooooooo close :mrgreen:

Also, I had already changed my bios options according to a guide I read. The ones I changed were the legacy OS boot (to disabled), the ACPI setting to Manual and Enabled, and one other (that I can't recall right now). Thank you.

I didn't change the legacy option in the bios and have never heard of doing this, so you might try changing that back. And I will look and see what version bios I have so you can check it against yours. But this should be easy for you because I know all the kext you need for everything besides LAN. So good luck, and I'll post that BIOS version in just a minute.

I am using a snow leopard retail disk that I bought off a friend. Its supposed to be 10.6.0? Is it the problem?? If so I'll try and get a new one, unfortunately there is no where near me to get one, I'll have to have it shipped. Also, my email is [email protected]

EDIT: just found out, I think it was 10.6.2 that core i support was added

Wow... Thank you so much Big_Sexy, I got a 10.6.3 disk today, installed, and successfully updated to 10.6.6! I installed multibeast, and now the system boots via HDD. The only things that don't seem to work are wireless (installed the kext you mentioned) and the num pad. Can you help me again with those?
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back