Contribute
Register

Samsung R530-Nion: get rid of safe mode (-x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
also when playing music that it automatically switches from internal speakers to Line Out?
Yes, audio switches from internal speakers to headphone and vice versa, when a headphone is plugged in or out while playing Musik with iTunes.

Good night

Jörg

Cool,
Then those pin layouts are correct.

Yea you can send me the DSDT file, I'll have a look.

Cheers

Are you able to adjust brightness? Taken a quick look at it, some things are already fixed,
some need to be adjusted. Your mainboard seems to support a quad-core i7, like 720QM, see here
Code:
    Scope (_PR)
    {
        Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU5, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU6, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU7, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
    }

8 CPU's are allocated :D

Furthermore, your brightness seem to be defined with _Q55 (line 7542) and Q56 (line 7569), I don't know what the keys are, still have to figure this out for myself how keys are assigned to ACPI events. Just wanted to know if brightness works when changing them.

The rest are just small fixes, with a little more time I can edit and fix a few, will be a constant DSDT swapping and testing though :D

Cheers

The Dual Core is fine for me at the moment ;-)

Brightness adjustment is unfortunately not working right now. Well it works until MasOS is booting. By the way: Volume adjustment works, but maybe because of VoodooHDA?

I used the DSDT Editor to fix some errors, please find the result attached. We should continue with this dsdt...

Greetings

Jörg

Attachments

• dsdt_fixed.dsl
    380.3 KB · Views: 104
Okidoki.

I will look at it when I have the time, keep everything posted that you fix in the mean time. I'm about to start a project which is going to take a lot of work in a very short time .. the usual :D

Do set comments on everything you fix, also at the top of the file where the DSDT info stands,
just use something like
Code:
/**
 * .. DSDT compile info ..
 * ===
 * @fix: restart, line xxxx
 * @fix: DTPG at line xxxx
 * @fix: etc.
 */

Else you will lose the overview of your own DSDT.

Cheers

forch said:
joerg1974 said:
Good morning forch,
Good morning to you :D

joerg1974 said:
I had some time this weekend and would like to present the results.

Keyboard: German layout works better now using this little HowTo: http://heavyhackintosh.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-normale-pc-tastaturbelegung.html
That's a good one, will bookmark it because I have this problem on a different hack with a German Mac keyboard too.

joerg1974 said:
Sound: I tried the lastest VoodooHDA drivers. It worked but I had heavy accoustic back couplings. thus I tried an older driver VoodooHDA-0.2.56: http://nawcom.com/osx86/files/10.6/Audio/VoodooHDA/0.2.56/VoodooHDA-0.2.56.pkg.zip which is working fine (have not tested HDMI output yet)
That is the version that worked for me too, though MIC-in doesn't work, because the pins are not configured correctly. Can you confirm that Line Out, Mic In works, also when playing music that it automatically switches from internal speakers to Line Out?

joerg1974 said:
Battery: For the battery status icon I am using VoodooBattery.
Yea, can be fixed in the DSDT too.

joerg1974 said:
Bootloader: I installed the Chameleon RC4 bootloader by hand:
sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s2
sudo cp boot /
But then I was not able to start Ubuntu (installed on an extended partition on a logical drive) - expectable, because I overwrote the MBR.
I reinstalled Ubuntu, but I cannot start MacOSx with grub bootloader (machine restarts)
Next step is to fix that...
On ubuntuforums.com there is a thread about this, some guy made a little modification to a script, if I come across it, I'll let you know.

joerg1974 said:
Furthermore: The display brightness is too low when running with battery. Where can I adjust the brightness - in System setup/Monitor there is nothing?
Brightness control can be added in the DSDT, at least that should be possible (I did it in various DSDT versions, all looking different from each other). Have to figure this one out myself too. The code isn't really difficult but can really be different from laptop to laptop.

Before you start editing your DSDT, which is very simple, nothing heavy or something. You make a little list of what works natively,
E.g
  • Pressing power button should display a menu in OSX.[/*:m:1xlvgk5j]
  • Time is displayed correctly[/*:m:1xlvgk5j]
  • Sleep, able to sleep where the system calls several devices (mouse, keyboard, etc) to sleep too. (without SleepEnabler.kxt), [/*:m:1xlvgk5j]
  • Hibernate, able to wake up the image[/*:m:1xlvgk5j]
  • Shutdown, system should shutdown, not anything else (Without EvOreboot or OpenHaltRestart).[/*:m:1xlvgk5j]
  • Restart, system should restart, not go off, blank, or freeze (Without EvOreboot or OpenHaltRestart).[/*:m:1xlvgk5j][/list:eek::1xlvgk5j]

At point 3, if it does not wake the system, and you have to manually shutdown, then use boot param wake=no to boot again.

Everything that does not work above, can be fixed in the DSDT. This means you can eventually delete a bunch of kexts in your /Extra folder making your system 'more' vanilla. Changes made in the DSDT does not affect (at least I have not really encountered it) any future updates you make on the OSX version.

joerg1974 said:
    Thanks a lot for your support.
    No problems. The DSDT will be the next big part :D

joerg1974 said:
    Cool :D

• Thanks guys my sound and external mic is works perfect..Battery display,Sleep, brightness adjustment and LAN are not working though. Any thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back