Contribute
Register

Samsung NP300E5C-A02ES compatibility for Mountain Lion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
8460p (still in progress)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

I have got a Samsung laptop with these components:

Procesor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz
Graphics Processor(GPU): Intel HD Graphics 3000
Chipset: Intel® HM75 Express Chipset
Motherboard Name: Samsung NP300E5C-A02ES
RAM: 8GB DR3-SDRAM 1333 MHz (2 X 4GB)
Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter)
USB: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D [8086-1E2D] [NoDB]
¿SATA?: Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller [8086-1E03] [NoDB]
¿Audio? : High Definition Audio Controller [8086-1E20] [NoDB]
Hard disk: Model ID WDC WD3200BPVT-35JJ5T0 SATA-II

I rode in others threads that the cpu is compatible but I would to ask here which components give me problems and if it is possible to install an operative Mountain Lion on this laptop. Also I would to ask what I need to know at the time to try the installation with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Will I need install extra drivers (kexts) or any extra effort in relation to the standard guide?

Thank you very much, i will report the installation process as soon I obtain a dirty hard disk to install the Mountain Lion (I have got now Windows 8 installed and I don't want at the beginning to repartition the disk and put some dual boot or something like that).

Hello

I have got a Samsung laptop with these components:

Procesor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz
Graphics Processor(GPU): Intel HD Graphics 3000
Chipset: Intel® HM75 Express Chipset
Motherboard Name: Samsung NP300E5C-A02ES
RAM: 8GB DR3-SDRAM 1333 MHz (2 X 4GB)
Wifi: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter)
USB: Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D [8086-1E2D] [NoDB]
¿SATA?: Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller [8086-1E03] [NoDB]
¿Audio? : High Definition Audio Controller [8086-1E20] [NoDB]
Hard disk: Model ID WDC WD3200BPVT-35JJ5T0 SATA-II

I rode in others threads that the cpu is compatible but I would to ask here which components give me problems and if it is possible to install an operative Mountain Lion on this laptop. Also I would to ask what I need to know at the time to try the installation with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Will I need install extra drivers (kexts) or any extra effort in relation to the standard guide?

Thank you very much, i will report the installation process as soon I obtain a dirty hard disk to install the Mountain Lion (I have got now Windows 8 installed and I don't want at the beginning to repartition the disk and put some dual boot or something like that).

You should read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

You may run into the Samsung eDP display problem mentioned at the link above.

AR9485 is not supported and will need to be replaced.

You should read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

You may run into the Samsung eDP display problem mentioned at the link above.

AR9485 is not supported and will need to be replaced.

I understand.

I have checked issue about the display connector, and it seems that my laptop has got the supported connector. According to the guide the mountain lion drivers does not support eDP connect, buy my laptor has got LVDS connector.

samsung-display.png

As I have understood there are chances to get my laptop working with Mountain Lion. However, I am lost around the chipset issue, i have got Chipset 7 Series, but i dont understand much around this.

So, is it possible to get ML in my samsung?

Thank you.

I understand.

I have checked issue about the display connector, and it seems that my laptop has got the supported connector. According to the guide the mountain lion drivers does not support eDP connect, buy my laptor has got LVDS connector.

View attachment 95394

As I have understood there are chances to get my laptop working with Mountain Lion. However, I am lost around the chipset issue, i have got Chipset 7 Series, but i dont understand much around this.

So, is it possible to get ML in my samsung?

Thank you.

You should try and find out.

Ok, building bootable usb with unibeast ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back