Contribute
Register

Samsung ATIV Book 5 No HD in Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm past the Kernel Panic, I get through then I get a black screen after it loads. Currently trying to figure that out.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: Your profile seems to reflect only a desktop machine.

Updated. Thanks for a ll the help. I've been reading through that guide. Haven't gotten to any info I could use yet, but would've helped hours ago when I was stuck. Hopefully I can find something that helps me here.

Updated. Thanks for a ll the help. I've been reading through that guide. Haven't gotten to any info I could use yet, but would've helped hours ago when I was stuck. Hopefully I can find something that helps me here.

Take a look at the config.plist as far as Intel HD4000 graphics injection. No doubt your black screen is a graphics issue, or a VT-d issue (disable VT-d in BIOS) or use dart=0 kernel flag.

dart=0 didn't work, and I'm not sure what to do about the information on the HD4000. I've never injected any hex before.

Look at the config.plist for HD4000/1366x768. Pay attention to the Graphics section. Always use Clover Configurator or a plist editor to edit your config.plist.

Found the string and injected it! Working fine now.

One more thing then I'll be back into territory I'm familiar with. My USB keyboard and mouse work just fine, but none of my storage devices (Flash and external HD) are working. I don't have networking working on that computer and in the past hour my other hackintosh just crashed. So I'm limited to fixes on the device itself, (I need that computer to fix my desktop hack.

One step forward and two steps back is how today seems to be going.

Found the string and injected it! Working fine now.

One more thing then I'll be back into territory I'm familiar with. My USB keyboard and mouse work just fine, but none of my storage devices (Flash and external HD) are working. I don't have networking working on that computer and in the past hour my other hackintosh just crashed. So I'm limited to fixes on the device itself, (I need that computer to fix my desktop hack.

One step forward and two steps back is how today seems to be going.

Are you using GenericUSBXHCI? If not, try it, and if you are try using kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2. There are also USB3 related DSDT patches that can work out for using AppleUSBXHCI instead (used when Generic is not present).

As far as networking, you need to use DPCIManager->PCI List or 'lspci -nn' in Linux to determine what hardware you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back