Graphics
Intel HD4000, 1366 x 768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, I recently purchased a Samsung ATIV Book 5 for a great price on Amazon, first thing I did was erase Windows 8 (I'm still not a fan). I'm now trying to install Mavericks to have a stable hackintosh.

I am using the Unibeast and Multibeast method. I have booted and installed Mavericks on the internal drive but now when I boot from the USB to do the first run from the hard drive, the hard drive does not appear in Chimera. All I have is the USB option which has the installer.

I have been changing around the BIOS settings, UEFI + CSM, UEFI only, CSM only, ACHI on and off, Secure boot on and off. Etc. But nothing seems to be working. I also tried adding IOATAFamily.kext in extra/extensions, as another member mentioned in a different thread, but that didn't work either

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying this all morning with no avail.

(If you think you saw this thread already in another forum, you probably did. I originally posted in the wrong forum)

Hi all, I recently purchased a Samsung ATIV Book 5 for a great price on Amazon, first thing I did was erase Windows 8 (I'm still not a fan). I'm now trying to install Mavericks to have a stable hackintosh.

I am using the Unibeast and Multibeast method. I have booted and installed Mavericks on the internal drive but now when I boot from the USB to do the first run from the hard drive, the hard drive does not appear in Chimera. All I have is the USB option which has the installer.

I have been changing around the BIOS settings, UEFI + CSM, UEFI only, CSM only, ACHI on and off, Secure boot on and off. Etc. But nothing seems to be working. I also tried adding IOATAFamily.kext in extra/extensions, as another member mentioned in a different thread, but that didn't work either

If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated, I've been trying this all morning with no avail.

(If you think you saw this thread already in another forum, you probably did. I originally posted in the wrong forum)

Make sure any kind of "fast boot" option is disabled.

Thanks for the response. I just looked, Fast boot is disabled, still no luck.

You may have to install the boot loader into the HDD manually (install boot0md to MBR, boot1h to PBR, install boot to /boot, copy entire /Extra folder from USB to HDD, clean it up later).

Or use Clover UEFI.

I installed Clover EFI to a new flash drive using "Boot using UEFI Only" booted from the the drive, it saw the hard drive, I booted from it, and now I get kernel panic. So it's progress, but what do I do about this kernel panic? Should I move the default kexts over from the Unibeast installer to the Clover USB?

I installed Clover EFI to a new flash drive using "Boot using UEFI Only" booted from the the drive, it saw the hard drive, I booted from it, and now I get kernel panic. So it's progress, but what do I do about this kernel panic? Should I move the default kexts over from the Unibeast installer to the Clover USB?

Can't say without a picture of the kernel panic.

Here is the Kernel Panic. I've tried pulling FakeSMC and AppleAPCIPlatform from my desktop and using them in any combination. Still Panics.

Attachments

• DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 275
Here is the Kernel Panic. I've tried pulling FakeSMC and AppleAPCIPlatform from my desktop and using them in any combination. Still Panics.

Are you using a custom DSDT? If so, are you certain it is correctly created (eg. that it is a binary AML, not text)?

Otherwise, check your list of DSDT "fixes" in your Clover config.plist. Make sure none are set to yes. Clover DSDT patching often results in a corrupt DSDT causing this panic.

I am not using a custom DSDT, I'm assuming you mean these fixes? Or are those not it/or are there more than those?

I'm new with Clover, I haven't used it before today.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 2.28.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 2.28.13 PM.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 195
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back