Motherboard
Asus Z97-K
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hello please tell me I'm thinking about buying Samsung 960 Evo series 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 for its motherboard ASUS Z97-K will it work on my computer with the updated BIOS to the latest firmware with the claimed characteristics or should I consider other options?

Hello please tell me I'm thinking about buying Samsung 960 Evo series 500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 for its motherboard ASUS Z97-K will it work on my computer with the updated BIOS to the latest firmware with the claimed characteristics or should I consider other options?

The Asus Z97-K can support NVMe M.2 SSD if the BIOS version is at 2603 or later. The latest version is 2902.

If you want to use a NVMe M.2 SSD on this motherboard, you should first upgrade your BIOS to 2603 or later. I suggest upgrading to the latest version available.

I have the latest version of the BIOS installed, recently updated, the question is whether the given ssd m.2 that I pointed out to me or should consider other options? Thank you

I have the latest version of the BIOS installed, recently updated, the question is whether the given ssd m.2 that I pointed out to me or should consider other options? Thank you.

You should be able to use that, as long as you run High Sierra, as that is the version of MacOS with third party NVMe M.2 SSD support.

Please update your motherboard, CPU and graphics card in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

already signed ...

You use Samsung 960 Evo in internal m.2 slot? Or adapter PCIe?

I already bought and installed in the internal slot m.2 Samsung 960 Evo, but now I think maybe you should buy an adapter for the Samsung 960 Evo, because it does not give full speed - 750mb / s

если вы с Украины можете на русском писать или украинском=)

Hi guys. I just bought the GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming and the Samsung 960 Pro M.2. So far in the Bios, the Samsung is recognized, however, when I arrive at the installation part for MacOS High Sierra in the disk utility I cannot see the Samsung 960 PRO. Any Ideas? thanks in advance.

I already bought and installed in the internal slot m.2 Samsung 960 Evo, but now I think maybe you should buy an adapter for the Samsung 960 Evo, because it does not give full speed - 750mb / s

I have the same problem. Samsung 960 Evo, speed - 750mb/s. Does anyone know how to increase speed to max 3,200 MB/sec - 1,900 MB/sec. To buy an M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter? Will it help with speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back