Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SOLVED:
I think I found the info I need at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-driver-for-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.181387/
I have not had time to try this yet, but it sounds promising, I will post my final results.

I'm gathering parts for my 2019 Mojave Hackintosh build and would like to know if anyone has had success with the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB drive?
I'm pulling that drive from my 2015 build, at that time the drive required a special driver that had just been released and it also had to be installed into a PCI-E slot via an adapter. And even with all that it still took some tweaking of the BIOS to make it bootable. I'm hoping installing this drive is a lot simpler than it was in 2015.

This will be my third Hackintosh build using TonyMac.com. I'm looking for any advice that will save me from a lot of testing, trial & error, extra research, etc.
I'll be using the directions from TonyMac page: Unibeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC

My motherboard and CPU were chosen based on the TonyMac Buyer's Guide:
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P LGA 1151 ATX
CPU - Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 3.6 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics - Intel UHD Graphics 630
RAM - G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000CL16

Power Supply - PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze

If I have posted this in the wrong place I apologize and please tell which forum would be best for this thread.
Thanks in advance.
Mike Chamlee

Last edited:
SOLVED:
I think I found the info I need at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-driver-for-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.181387/
I have not had time to try this yet, but it sounds promising, I will post my final results.

I'm gathering parts for my 2019 Mojave Hackintosh build and would like to know if anyone has had success with the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB drive?
I'm pulling that drive from my 2015 build, at that time the drive required a special driver that had just been released and it also had to be installed into a PCI-E slot via an adapter. And even with all that it still took some tweaking of the BIOS to make it bootable. I'm hoping installing this drive is a lot simpler than it was in 2015.

This will be my third Hackintosh build using TonyMac.com. I'm looking for any advice that will save me from a lot of testing, trial & error, extra research, etc.
I'll be using the directions from TonyMac page: Unibeast: Install macOS Mojave on Any Supported Intel-based PC

My motherboard and CPU were chosen based on the TonyMac Buyer's Guide:
Motherboard - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P LGA 1151 ATX
CPU - Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake 3.6 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics - Intel UHD Graphics 630
RAM - G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000CL16

Power Supply - PowerSpec 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze

If I have posted this in the wrong place I apologize and please tell which forum would be best for this thread.
Thanks in advance.
Mike Chamlee

Samsung 950 Pro should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back