Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
The samsung 850 Pro is not listed in the buyers guide, anyone know how it is working with all of tonymac's goodies? Do you guys think I will be ok? I see the 840 Pro is listed. I noticed the list is very current so I have some concern before going out to buy. Thanks!

The samsung 850 Pro is not listed in the buyers guide, anyone know how it is working with all of tonymac's goodies? Do you guys think I will be ok? I see the 840 Pro is listed. I noticed the list is very current so I have some concern before going out to buy. Thanks!

Basically any SSD should work fine. The Samsung 850 Pro will work.

I am using an 850 pro, its great! Very easy enabling of TRIM with MultiBeast. I like it so much I'm thinking about getting another one for a windows dual boot.

diskspeed.png

These things are a *beast*. We have a bunch of them in various servers at the data center, and they take a pounding! Massive reads/writes daily, and they still push >500MB/sec per drive.

Just to be clear, you need a SATA-3 interface to take advantage of all the speed these drives have to offer.

Is the a more restricted list of drives which the TRIM will work on?
Or will it also work on any SSD?

Is the a more restricted list of drives which the TRIM will work on?
Or will it also work on any SSD?
TRIM should work all basically all SATA SSDs. I have 2 850 Pro's, one for OS X and the other for Windows. They work flawlessly out of the box, and installing TRIM using Multibeast was a breeze too. My computer boots in a matter of seconds.

Do these 850 Pros need TRIM on Yosemite to get their proper speeds? I know Yosemite changed TRIM support on Macs.

SPBaller and iHack, are you guys using Yosemite? Did you guys use TRIM?

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back