Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I've finally got my Hac going but I am now looking to upgrade the video card since I can only use 640x480 @ 60Hz or 800x600 @ 60 Hz. (4:3 aspect ratio :cry: )
I'd like to use the full 16:9 screen OR close to it if possible.
I'm using a silent ASUS 8400GS 512 MB (DVI to VGA to 720p LCD TV)
Everything works fine but don't want to go through the hassle of finding out the video card I pick up can't sync higher resolutions with the 720p TV. I just went through all that to get this far.

Thanks.

Update

I went out and bought a DVI to HDMI adapter and my 720p TV works using the Asus 8400GS video card.
I did however install iLife '11 earlier and updated iPhoto (nothing else - still on 10.6.5). I think that messed things up.
Now I have no audio. I reran MultiBeast and checked off ALC8xxHDA & AppleHDA Rollback. Still no luck.

Here's a side note. Let's say I do get audio going again.
Does a HDTV allow HDMI input with RCA audio for sound? I checked my manual and it does say it should be possible with the DVI-audio input + HDMI.

I Hope this helps someone since I received so much this far.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Back of Samsung.tiff
    352.4 KB · Views: 115
Sound...solved

So I got the sound working.
Really simple just overlooked.
System preferences. There are 3 Audio line-out ports and one digital Out. Just had to choose the first one (Audio line-out). It was on the 3rd.
:banghead:

You only have 512 MB of video card. I suggest that you try upgrading your video card into higher one. If you upgrade it, the display will look better.

R0m3y said:
You only have 512 MB of video card. I suggest you to upgrade your video card into a higher one. If you upgrade your video card, the display will look better.

Better in what way?
It's displaying 720p and it looks pretty good to me (video items).
I think text could be a bit sharper but I'm not sure if the video card would help with that. It's already displaying a max resolution for my display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back