Contribute
Register

Salvage Macbook 2006 wifi and bluetooth modules for hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z97x-ud3h bios 10b
CPU
Graphics
gtx650ti
So my 2006 Macbook 1,1 died yesterday. I'll probably part it out, can I salvage the Wifi and bluetooth modules for my hackintosh (Mavericks on gigabyte z97 at the moment)? The webcam as well maybe. Bluetooth and webcam seem normal USB so I'd just need to build some adapter cables, but the wifi has me stumped. Looks like PCI express but probably isn't. Mobo has 1 PCI slot eventually.

Rules said:
Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums.
Duplicate threads will be deleted

I know, first thread (the other one) had wrong title and forum, but I can't delete it myself. Please do.

I'd be interested to know this also, I have a dead 2008 MBP ready to be put to some use - has anybody repurposed other parts from MBP's?

The 2006 MacBook wifi card can be repurposed easily using a mPCIe to PCIe adapter. I have a few of these I got from eBay.

Broadcom-BCM94321-BCM94321MC-font-b-WiFi-b-font-wireless-wlan-300Mps-802-11-a-b-g.jpg

The 2006 MacBook wifi card can be repurposed easily using a mPCIe to PCIe adapter. I have a few of these I got from eBay.

View attachment 194176

I have a few of these also. Mine has 3 plugs for 3 antennas its a special one :lol:. Only thing is that you have to use a terminal command if you want to enable Airdrop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back