Contribute
Register

SalPro Dual Xeon WorkStation: ASUS Z9PE W8 DS - 2x XEON E5 2660 - GTX 590 3GB - 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for not answering for long time...

I will update the thread soon.

I updated to 10.9.2, i need to use again IOACPI (darts=0 doesn´t work for me).

I found a new USB3.0 kext that works 100% with our mobo (i will attach on the first post when i update it).

I still waiting for other research about power management that other people are trying with X79 mobos.

I found a new USB3.0 kext that works 100% with our mobo (i will attach on the first post when i update it).

I still waiting for other research about power management that other people are trying with X79 mobos.

Many thanks Sal, will be great to get a complete guide on here that 100% works every time for new people! Also, if you have the time to reply to my question on post #60 i'd be very greatful!

Thank you

Hi Sal,

I was wondering if you can post this new USB 3.0 kext that works with the Asus Z9PE-W8 DS ?

Thanks.

I must apologize again, i´m searching and investigating to make this build a great build.

I talked with arkanis and he has already get PowerManagement, SpeedStep and Turbo. Now i´m trying to achieve it too.

When i finish researching i will post the results and a new guide.

The way to make it possible is unlocking the bios (i think), and i think i have just unlocked, now i have to try change AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement and generate a good SSDT to make it work.

I have to thank to k3nny and Arkanis for the help.

Is this mostly working? I want to build the same set up and run 4 GPU's (3 as cuda)

"mostly"...

I can do my job with it :D

- Ethernet works

- Sata works, but no SCU (just 4 of 14 ports)

- Audio works (i think, i use external audio)

- Graphics depend of your GPU

- CPU: If you don´t unlock the Bios the Cpu is always at same state (but working and without Turbo), if you unlock the Bios (the step where i am right now) you must do some steps (i think is to generate a good SSDT and maybe to patch AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement, this one maybe it´s not a must do) and then it will work 100%. After unlocking the Bios i notice i have more score on GeekBench and i saw how power for Cpu is changing (hardware monitor). Now my geekbench score is 34400.

I was thinking on selling my build and buying the new mac pro, but after unlocking the bios and test that geekbench score is 34400... I don´t want to spend 7000$ on a new mac pro when my machine has raid and is upgradable.

Hey Sal,

could you explain how you and arkanis unlocked your bioses please?

In my build I got almost everything to work except Speedstep and turboboost (and the SCU Sata - but I don't need them).

would be great to have turbo - I also made a SSDT a while ago but of course it didn't work :D

Well,

First i have to thank to k3nny from other forum.

You have to dump your Bios with afuwin, after dumping it´s time to patch it, PMPatch doesn´t work on our Bios, so you need to Patch with MMTool.

On MMTool, open the Rom, look for "Power Management" and extract it uncompressed.

Open the file that you have extracted with an HexEditor, search for this string "0F BA 6C 24 38 0F" and replace with "0F BA 74 24 38 0F" and save it.

Then you must replace the old PowerManagement on MMTool with the one patched and save it.

After that you can flash your Bios with the new patched.

That are the steps, i highly recommend to be carefully with that and if it´s possible have another Bios chip for backup.

When i follow the steps i have troubles with MMTool and i have to use other app (UEFITool or something similar name).

PLEASE, if you are trying to do it, PLEASE, report!!! Help other people and give feedback.

When i confirm that all it´s working i will update the main post with the files needed to make it.

If you have a good SSDT for our motherboard (i think it´s for the CPU not for the MoBo, share it)

Any ideas, progress or anything related.... SHARE IT !!!

:D

Hi!

First, thanks to all users who are making progress on this machine and sharing it. :)
Great work, all! I'm joining the Dual Xeon Hackintosh club next week! (and of course this thread! :) )
Thank you salcazar for supplying kexts and thanks to all making this beast better.

My build is:

2x Xeon E5-2640 w/ 2x Thermalright HR-02
24GB DDR3-1333 ECC RAM (later I'll upgrade to 32GB)
ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS, of course!
EVGA GeForce GT640 (Dual DVI + miniHDMI for 3 screen support)
Crucial M500 240GB + 1TB HDD
Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 Case
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W PSU

Could you please post a detailed screenshot of your Geekbench score?
I just wondered if it's more useful to get 2133MHz RAM instead of 1333MHz ECC, since I don't need the error correction. I hope there is an major advantage of memory bandwidth and speed! Otherwise I could stick to my ECC RAM, because it was for free.

Thank you very much,

Dr. Seltsam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back