Contribute
Register

SalPro Dual Xeon WorkStation: ASUS Z9PE W8 DS - 2x XEON E5 2660 - GTX 590 3GB - 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I am posting because I am a bit desperate. I can't boot the computer from my HDD. I've read numerous post from drnoodle, Gennady77, salcazar and others. It helped me a bit but I am still blocked. Let me explain, here are the component of my building:

CPU: E5-2688W ES 8x3,1 Ghz -> BIOS 5304
Mainboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 WS dual Socket 2011
Graphics: GTX 760 4GB from MSI -> SLOT 1
RAM: [G.Skill RipJaws Z Series 32 Go (4 x 8 Go) DDR3 2133 MHz CL11
Harddrive OSX:500 GB SSD Samsung Evo
Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i 80PLUS Platinum, 1200W

I've get access to the installation program with the following boot flags: 'npci=0x2000 PCIRooutUID=1'

I have succeed to install the Mac OS X (10.9.1) => Maverick.

But when I restart the computer. I am still in from the grey screen with the apple and then nothing. Or, I am in front of a black screen.

If anyone have been in the same situation, :
  • What is the correct configuration of the BIOS? I've only change the AHCI Mode and force the Memory speed at 1600.
  • Which boot flags am I supposed to get access to the inernal HDD with Maverick?
  • Which exact kext or DSDT should I use to make sure that I won't have any problem for future booting?

So, thanks in advance for any kind of advise.

Cheers,

Is there anyone who can help me here?

You could try installing a modified kext i uploaded to post 55 of this thread. Just replace the old one with this one (keep the old one backed up incase this doesn't work). It allowed me to boot for the first time with all drivers installed.

Are both your CPUs detected with the 5304 BIOS? Mine aren't. I think it may be because they are ES, but yours are too aren't they?... If I stay at 0703 BIOS my GTX 670 isn't detected and I have to use a GTX 580 which is very slow as it's not natively compatible with OSX. ahhh!! so many endless problems :(

@hugh1988

Thanks for the message. I appreciate it.

I finally get through my first big problem to get access to boot from the HDD without take out my GPU.
I had to use the flags: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

For the moment, my graphic card is recognized correctly.

Concerning your question about my CPU's, yes, the BIOS recognize both of them. The Engineering Samples do not have all the same propreties so it the depends of the model.

But as you've wrote, it's an endless problem ;)

Now, I have to solve the problem about the sound and the network. No sound and no internet.
It's weird because before installing the Multibeast with a custom DSDT (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/117069-asus-z9pe-d8-ws-dual-xeon-2011-a.html).

So, if you have any suggestions, I am your servant !!!

Cheers,

Hi.
I have the same config and everything was good before 10.9.2 update.
Did anybody updated to 10.9.2 already?
I ve got strange mouse lags and system slow down after this update.

@hugh1988

Thanks for the message. I appreciate it.

I finally get through my first big problem to get access to boot from the HDD without take out my GPU.
I had to use the flags: npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1

For the moment, my graphic card is recognized correctly.

Concerning your question about my CPU's, yes, the BIOS recognize both of them. The Engineering Samples do not have all the same propreties so it the depends of the model.

But as you've wrote, it's an endless problem ;)

Now, I have to solve the problem about the sound and the network. No sound and no internet.
It's weird because before installing the Multibeast with a custom DSDT (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/117069-asus-z9pe-d8-ws-dual-xeon-2011-a.html).

So, if you have any suggestions, I am your servant !!!

Cheers,

Problem solved !!!! See you for a next episode :crazy:

Still nobody updated to 10.9.2?

Hi.
I have the same config and everything was good before 10.9.2 update.
Did anybody updated to 10.9.2 already?
I ve got strange mouse lags and system slow down after this update.

Thanks for letting us know, i'll hold off updating then.

look on the first post of this thread. all you need is there. many thx sal, my dual xeon runs now with 10.9.2

look on the first post of this thread. all you need is there. many thx sal, my dual xeon runs now with 10.9.2

I see this and tried.
Do you want to say that you updated to 10.9.2 and system works fine? No mouse and menu lags?

If so, please, give me more info about you config? What GPUs and CPU?
What additional files do you use, BIOS version?
Will try to find differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back