Contribute
Register

SalPro Dual Xeon WorkStation: ASUS Z9PE W8 DS - 2x XEON E5 2660 - GTX 590 3GB - 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the 3302 BOIS. Disabled VT-d at Speedstep. (although clock speed is only showing as 1.2GHz in About This Mac). I've tried with -x already.. i'll keep searching. thanks :)

What Cpu speed shows your Bios Post Message (or Bios menu)?

Are you thinking on go back to 0703 or forward until 5103?

I recommend you one of these ones, but remember that 5103 needs IOPCIFamily.

I remember that GTX6xx has a issue with our Mobos (people talked about that on asus forums), but i think the issue starts on boot, not on system.

Are you able to use Mountain Lion?

Are you installing Multibeast 5.4.2 instead the last one?

Usb3.0? SmBios?

Hi, it shows my main cpu speed as 1.2GHz in bios, but also says max CPU speed 2.3GHz...Speedstep is disabled so i'm not sure why it still says that.

I'll try upgrading/downgrading the bios then if you think that may help.

I used multibeast 5.5.5 (didn't see a download link to 5.5.2)

Exactly the same issue happens with Mountain Lion, and with VGA I can only boot in safe mode.

I'll get back to you when I've updated BIOS and possibly changed to GTX760. Many thanks.

drnoodle:

The MacBook solution is to get a clean DMG image. After that you can use the DMG to save time (restoring on the other disk you are going to install and test in).

Both of you, have you tried to boot with "-x" to repair permissions, and after that try again without "-x"?

Which Bios version are you using?

My Bios options are the optimal, even i have VT-D enabled. The only things i changed are related with boot options (boot from Marvel Raid, Ethernet... that slows boot).

I don´t remember if GTX670 works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No, but maybe your issue is the graphics card, i mean, if you can get IOBluetooth message i think you are already at system, but you can´t see anything (i don´t know it 100%).

Hi,

i installed the latest Bios 5303, because i got a E5-2680v2. Does anyone also use a V2? I think thats the problem at all.

I will check the Graphicsenabler... but if i use the onboard graphics i also get the same blackscreen.

Cheers,
doc

DrNoodle,

When system arrives to the black screen... does it remain on black screen forever? or it does a hardware reset?

Is the system loading AppleCpuPoweManagement?

Is the system loading NVHAL.kext (or Nvidia Official or something related) before the black screen?

I dont know if the system is loading AppleCpuPoweManagement and NVHAL.kext. I can do a video and upload it. The black screen remains black... i waited about 10 Minutes. No hardware reset.

Boot with -v and read on the screen, look for Nvdia or something.

By the way, i have just seen that there´s another new Bios version from ASUS (5304), they uploaded it two days ago. I will try it right now.

Boot with -v and read on the screen, look for Nvdia or something.

By the way, i have just seen that there´s another new Bios version from ASUS (5304), they uploaded it two days ago. I will try it right now.

http://youtu.be/sFqHJxSwxZY

I made a video :) After all kexts are loaded the screen remains black. Heres the last screen:

Last_Screen.jpg

I have just seen the video.

Do you boot with "-x"? I said because it´s loading all the kexts at the start.

After the kexts loading, i think there´s a lot of possibilities, because there´s no error message, indeed it seems that it´s not loading anything really.

I think it will be the issue:

- CPU
- FakeSmc
- Booloader
- SmBios
- kernel

I think it´s not a Graphics card issue, because your system it´s not loading even the hard drive controllers, audio... anything, it stops before the system kexts were loaded.

Have you tried with a NullCpuPowerManagement?

Yes i installed the Nullcpupowermanagement. I think its the V2 CPU.... OSX doent like it. I will buy a V1 and try again later. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back