Contribute
Register

SalPro Dual Xeon WorkStation: ASUS Z9PE W8 DS - 2x XEON E5 2660 - GTX 590 3GB - 64GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here come's the onboard audio with native AppleHDA how to:

- Search for HDEF in my DSDT_hdef.aml and copy the device before PEX0 in your DSDT or just use my DSDT, if you got dual 8-core v2 Xeons
- Add the Clover kext patches found in clover_hda.txt to your config.plist (for 10.11 you need both, for 10.10 only the first one)
- Copy AppleHDA898.kext to /Library/Extensions (NOT in S/L/E and NOT in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/...). This file fixes an XML inside the native AppleHDA.

That's it....

Cheers
Roland

Attachments

• DSDT_hdef.aml
    52.7 KB · Views: 184
  • clover_hda.txt
    625 bytes · Views: 187
  • AppleHDA898.kext.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 154
Hello again,

I still have the OsxAptioFix reloc block error from time to time.
I'm on the newest Clover r3577.
Does anybody have a solutions for this?

cheers
Roland

Same here - I guess we are waiting for another potential fix with MacOSX whenever it materialises :/

Martin

I need a powerful machine for running multiple Mac OS X VMs by means of virtualization software (VMware Fusion).
A Mac Pro is beyond my budget.
Right now I am stressing my MacBook Pro running El Capitan which has only 16GB RAM.

Would I be successful in building a Hackintosh based on an ASUS Z9PE-D16 with two E5-2650L?

(It has a slightly different Chipset than the Z9PE WS, an C602-A instead of an C602 Express.)

If yes, are the instructions in the initial message of the thread opener up to date/valid?
I am asking to be sure to have the right starting point...

Which Mac OS X should/can be used for initial installation?

Would I have to forgo any of Intels advanced technologies which might be necessary for the purpose of running virtualization software?
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
Intel® vPro Technology
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x)
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)
Intel® VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)
Instruction Set Extensions AVX
Idle States
Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology
Intel® Demand Based Switching

Thanks for any responses!

Jens

I'm running 10.10.5 for PRO using (Graphic Design) with XEON 1st Edition and GTX 970.
Patched bios with 27000+- Benchmarks.
Some broblems with GPU Cinebench on GTX 970 (Very low) but Radeon 7870 running smooth.
The system is smooth.
Bootloader is Clover.
Hello,

Did you install El Capitan on Xeon V1?

SOLVED

I installed 10.11.6 on E5 V1 Sandy Bridge.

Last edited:
Here's a few fixes to help with getting this system up n running with El-Cap and Clover boot-loader.

Hello,

I'm back.

I get a E5 V2 Xeon and will try to make the build.

First consideration i got an Intel 6 cores sample CPU with no Name, don't know if it is troubleshooter?

Second consideration i use a vanilla Hard Drive installer and Clover, no Unibeast.

Third consideration my specs Two DDR3 8gb Bars / 1 CPU / GTX 660

Until now nothing changed!!! Same KP than Xeon V1!

I start digging.

Everything worked perfect!
Hello,

Can you help?

I read all the post until here and it looks to be people that had their system easily.

Not my case.

It is impossible to have a complete guide and the informations are completely spread out and messy.

I would like to install El Capitan 10.11.6 or Sierra with the latest Clover.

Questions:

Bios edition?

Which sata ports?

Which USB port?

Which PCIe port?

How did you edit the installer?

config.plist /

kexts /

dsdt /

ssdt? /

mbr or guid? /

vga does'nt worl with Clover?

Thank you.

Another question:

Is it a way to make my system as simple as possible to fake it like a real Macpro 2013 version?

I mean editing the bios to limit cores, make CPU match?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back