Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm on an older version of iLife and I need to upgrade as clients sometimes give me CDs containing pictures from iPhoto libraries for a newer version of iPhoto than I have. Not a big deal, as I have workarounds to deal with that.

I was going to buy the latest version of iLife, but I've been holding off buying iLife 09 thinking there will be a new version soon.

I think iLife 09 came out in March 2009 and I noticed that there has been a new iLife every year except for 2007 where they skipped that year, so there's been an iLife 04,05,06,08,09.

Is it pretty safe to assume that there will be a new version coming out? Especially with the iPad availability coming out this Spring?

I haven't heard anything about a new iLife, but it sounds plausible for there to be a new release.

That said, you could always "try" iLife '09 until the next version comes out. Look at me, I'm always "trying" software indefinitely... :D

True. I might wait. I might have to buy an iPad for work reasons so I guess I'll reassess the situation then.

BTW, Adam, I really dig your Gretsch guitar (your profile pic). If I win a lottery, I want a White Falcon. Almost bought one of those lower-end Orange Gretsch models (I think around $500-600) as I was getting into some rockabilly fingerpicking ala Scotty Moore, Carl Perkins, Brian Setzer but man my fingers hurt. Those fingerings were tough. I haven't resumed playing in months so I put the Gretsch buying on hold. Just stuck to my trusty Les Paul.

Ironically enough, my wife said she was going to get me a white falcon when she gets her settlement (long story).

This gretsch is a 5129 - it's like the other electromatics, but with better pickups and a nice candy red finish. It hasn't usurped my les paul; rather it compliments it nicely as they're different.

Oh man. You have an awesome wife.

Love the White Falcons, but as for color, I think I have a slight preference for your Candy Red. But you can't have a Red "White Falcon" obviously. Definitely, if you get the time, let me know how the Falcon plays when you get it. :D

I do have an awesome Wife, especially when I actually listen to her. :mrgreen: :clap:

There is a Red Falcon, actually... but it's something like $10,000. :eek:

I wouldn't feel comfortable owning something that expensive unless I was so filthy rich I could replace it if something happened to it. There's a green falcon as well which is pretty sharp looking, though it's a Bono signature model. Nothing against Bono or U2, but I'd have to at least replace the pick guard (which says "The Goal is Soul" on it) and make it less "signature model", if you know what I mean.

Oh, you can be sure I'll be annoyingly gushing about it if that's the model I choose to go with when the time arrives. I was thinking of possibly going with a different model that's a little bit less expensive (maybe more the same range as the Gibson Les Paul standard was).

adamsmasher said:
I haven't heard anything about a new iLife, but it sounds plausible for there to be a new release.

That said, you could always "try" iLife '09 until the next version comes out. Look at me, I'm always "trying" software indefinitely... :D

So, to hijack this guitar topic with my own question.....

How's the iLife '09 working? When I updated my iWork '09 with the latest software, it kept breaking my audio (tried 3 times). Any issues with '09?

Good question. I'm still on iLife 06.

Anyone using iLife 09 on their hackintosh successfully?

adamsmasher said:
I haven't had any trouble with iLife '09, but I haven't used it much yet since I built this machine.

Thanks. As long as you don't have crippling issues, I think I'll give it a shot!

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back