Graphics
Nvidia 8400gs
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
having sort of the same problem. Every Time i try a different video card of try to get 2 working, it breaks boot and audio. Only boots in safe mode and windows drive not mounting or recognized.
Tried MB reinstall and all. I really do nothing to bio setting or install kext and what i change i change back, use permissions the whole 9.
I as always have to do a restore.
Im sick of it, here is a pic of what happens after -v only.
As i can not read the codes, if you can explain whats happening and i little on how to read these errors that would be great.

p55m-ud2
8400 gs 512mb
4gb ram

Attachments

• 2012-09-25 04.12.25.jpg
    2012-09-25 04.12.25.jpg
    1,017.2 KB · Views: 128
Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=No (no -x).

May be time to invest in that new fancy graphics card because yours is WAY outdated. That may be part of the issue. I would try not installing any drivers and do a DSDT free install and see if that makes it work.

Do you have integrated graphics? Try booting up with your card out and built in graphics plugged in.

It looks like its having issues loading the graphics drivers. Remove the geforce drivers in your s/l/e folder and see if you can't boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes then. Just trial and error here until something works. Thats how i've learned!

You probably need to do a clean install. I hope you are backing up to a time machine drive because it makes it super easy!

having sort of the same problem. Every Time i try a different video card of try to get 2 working, it breaks boot and audio. Only boots in safe mode and windows drive not mounting or recognized.
Tried MB reinstall and all. I really do nothing to bio setting or install kext and what i change i change back, use permissions the whole 9.
I as always have to do a restore.
Im sick of it, here is a pic of what happens after -v only.
As i can not read the codes, if you can explain whats happening and i little on how to read these errors that would be great.

p55m-ud2
8400 gs 512mb
4gb ram
Will it boot ok in safe mode (-x)? It will certainly kp if you try with graphicsenabler=no, since you need the nvidia injector for the 8400 gs. Agree that this card is not a very good one at this point. If your budget will allow, I suggest going to the GTX640 or GTX650 as an entry level video card. As you've read, these have native support in ML, when you're ready to move up to ML.
BTW, you should be using the audio for the 888b chipset.

thanks for quick reply
boot fine in safe mode -x
i have custombeast so everything should be ok
buying a new card
and doing a fresh install
i do timemachine
if the issue is drivers thats weird
everything worked fine untill i tried updating video card
so is that what the error print out is saying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back