1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone Noob here.

Specs:
GA H61M- D2_D3 mobo
on board GPX ( intel 200) i think it works anyway

Point One:
So I loaded 10.6.3 with retail SL dvd. and everythings work well.
i.e when i open sarfari apple page loads quick and the statci bar runs to the end. even when I do the yahoo page same and sound works allis good,

This is all done when I use boot up on "iBoot". if I try and try and boot up off HHD I get the Grey Apple Logo.

Point two:
I upgrade to 10.6.7. all when well.
Except now when i clink sarfari and click on on "yahoo' the static bar loadds too about 3/4 of the way and stops, and the the spinning wheel appears and I get a frozen screen

Can some please direct me into fixing this please.... I and hoping to fix this so I can load lion, so I can install my nvaidaGXT 550 ti

All help hep welcome thnakyou

Re: Sarfari wont load web pages

try taking out the graphics card and using the built in. this might be the problem.

the same thing happened to me, but i haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

have you tried installing another browser like firefox to see if that works? that was going to be my next step.

HurricaneBob said:
the same thing happened to me, but i haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

have you tried installing another browser like firefox to see if that works? that was going to be my next step.

Hi Bob,

No I am bit like you as in time deprived. I have surfing and searching for every spare I get thou for a fix, some thing between 10.6.3 and 10.6.7(8) has changed thou. Let's keep us both informed with our findings aye. :D

my safari works before i upgrade to 10.6.6. once i get to 10.6.6, it still recognizes the ethernet connection, but doesn't want to connect to any web pages.

i'll let you know if i figure anything out.

Hey Bob,

I think it's something to do with "flash" I'm not sure if we missing a plugin yet, but I got an errors telling about flash plug.... Whatever that means, o_O

Meanwhile I have just got good sound and everything else is working sweetly.

Only 2 bugs to go now.
1: this browser thing
2: need work how to boot into Win7

Bed time for now 12:57am here

Hi Bob I got mine sorted from what I read I reckon it will help you to.

Step 1: Go Snowleopard/Library/Internet Plug ins/
Step 2: Delete The following files
Flash Player.plugin
QuickTime Plugin.plugin
The next three files were short cuts and I deleted them too. And they were
Home -this was a folder
JavaPlugin2_NPAPI.plugin
JavaPluginCocoa.bundle

Step:3 Run Kext Utility
Step:4 Reboot
Step:5 Open Safari go to a web page that has flash on it, it tell you need to install, The site I went to had a link that downloaded the correct flash for me . After that I just folowed the prompt and Volia I surfing happy again!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here the Link where I got the info from https://discussions.apple.com/thread/27 ... 0&tstart=0

Thanks. I just installed Chrome, and haven't noticed any issues with it. I might give that a try tonight, though, just to see if I can get Safari working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back