Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 580
I think this might be related to me having a Radeon RX 580 (which worked fine in 10.12.5) and using the built in i7 Intel HD as a helper card. Anyone else having this problem? I can't disable the intel in bios as my Radeon needs a helper card. I have tried different patches for the Intel HD, but nothing seems to work. The videos plays fine in Chrome, but in Safari the GUI locks completely (not only Safari, but the whole GUI), ssh still works.

Here's a sample link that crashes my hackintosh as soon as I go there.

@irrbloss, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I have the same problem. Today when opening Safari which has my twitter profile set up on it, I went to twitter and it hung the whole computer. Then I restarted the computer, went back to twitter and scrolled down a tiny bit and it hung again. This is not the first time, I am aware of this problem but it doesnt always happen so consistently. My latest recent change to my hack was to enable the main video card to be set as main, instead of intel. It just allows me to see the splash screen as its booting into OSX. Otherwise it would be a black screen until the little percent bar fills in and the login screen shows. But back to the safari freezing. Im just posting that its happening to me also. And about to search for other threads about it.

I had some issues with my BIOS recently, so I zapped the settings. Shortly after that I had the Safari video freeze thing happen. But then I realized I forgot to disable the iGPU when I redid the BIOS settings, so I did that and everything's back to being 100% stable.

Had the same Problems with my hackintosh. Problems in Safari and also in Firefox. No Problems with Chrome.
But my Mainboard is dead now - Will have a look on that when my new hackintosh is running.

I have the same problem. Today when opening Safari which has my twitter profile set up on it, I went to twitter and it hung the whole computer. Then I restarted the computer, went back to twitter and scrolled down a tiny bit and it hung again. This is not the first time, I am aware of this problem but it doesnt always happen so consistently. My latest recent change to my hack was to enable the main video card to be set as main, instead of intel. It just allows me to see the splash screen as its booting into OSX. Otherwise it would be a black screen until the little percent bar fills in and the login screen shows. But back to the safari freezing. Im just posting that its happening to me also. And about to search for other threads about it.

Nvidia Graphics is buggy in 10.12.6. I recently moved to onboard iGPU HD 4000 because of it. Take a look at Safari Crashing Webkit 10.12.6 Sierra problem? | tonymacx86.com

Had the same Problems with my hackintosh. Problems in Safari and also in Firefox. No Problems with Chrome.
But my Mainboard is dead now - Will have a look on that when my new hackintosh is running.

Have you implemented iGPU Powermanagement?

Dont think so - But as my old board crashed and the former Installation isnt starting with the new hardware I can't check anymore.
But I'm sure I had the problems also with 10.12.5.

Dont think so - But as my old board crashed and the former Installation isnt starting with the new hardware I can't check anymore.
But I'm sure I had the problems also with 10.12.5.

Cant boot into the installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back