1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I've got everything working on my ML build BUT the audio. Here's what I have:

Sabertooth x79 Mobo
Core i7 3930k CPU
GTX 670 GPU

I've been running Multibeat 5.1.1 with no avail. I have items showing up under System Preferences/Sound/Output - but I cant hear anything through my headphone port and I dont have speakers to test connect to the back. If anyone has had a similar build and has any advice to offer, I will be very grateful!

Also, I tried to create an IOReg - but after my download, whenever I try to open it - it freezes and stops responding. Any suggestions on that?

Once again, any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!

I've been running Multibeat 5.1.1 with no avail. I have items showing up under System Preferences/Sound/Output - but I cant hear anything through my headphone port and I dont have speakers to test connect to the back. If anyone has had a similar build and has any advice to offer, I will be very grateful!

Also, I tried to create an IOReg - but after my download, whenever I try to open it - it freezes and stops responding. Any suggestions on that?
For the reason nothing happened, see Note 3 of Unsupported/Non Working Audio ML Optimized AppleHDA, Post 1 of Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx. Use the link to the Interim Solution post for installation instructions.

[Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    842.9 KB · Views: 104
Here's everything else thats been requested in Reporting Audio errors attached. Also, I followed the Interim Solution and it did not make any difference. :(
This IOReg does not show the Interim AppleHDA.kext installed.
Install the Interim AppleHDA.kext
Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext.
Run MultiBeat with these selections only
1. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC892
2. MultiBeast 4.6.1/System Utilities

This IOReg does not show the Interim AppleHDA.kext installed.
Install the Interim AppleHDA.kext
Delete S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext.
Run MultiBeat with these selections only
1. MultiBeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC892
2. MultiBeast 4.6.1/System Utilities

So, I shouldnt use Multibeast 5.1.1 or 5.1.2? I will try this again with 4.6.1 and let you know my results. Thanks!

Thank you ver much! That seemed to have resolved my issues! WIth audio at least. Now I am having unusual screen behavior. For example, when I try to open a file - sometimes a part of the animation gets stuck on the screen - even though the file opens - the file icon is stuck on the screen. Sometimes the windows dont open up completely - once again stuck in the animation and behaves like it is open.

Are these related? And if they are, do you have any thoughts on how I might go about fixing these issues? Thanks again for all your help!!

Are these related? And if they are, do you have any thoughts on how I might go about fixing these issues? Thanks again for all your help!!
I am not aware of working audio causing video problems in OS X.

I am not aware of working audio causing video problems in OS X.

What about the folliwng error:

'kernel: Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1901 goto Exit'

My console is full of these logs happening ever 5 seconds. Is there a way to stop it?

'kernel: Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1901 goto Exit'

My console is full of these logs happening ever 5 seconds. Is there a way to stop it?
It is likely your graphics card HDMI audio codec that is not configured but recognized by the enabler. To remove the enabler, you would need a dsdt with the HDEF edit. It could be something else. If the sound assertions are a problem, Voodoo is option.

It is likely your graphics card HDMI audio codec that is not configured but recognized by the enabler. To remove the enabler, you would need a dsdt with the HDEF edit. It could be something else. If the sound assertions are a problem, Voodoo is option.

Do you mean that I should run MultiBeast 5.1.2 and run the 892 codec and the latest VooDoo kext from it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back