GTX 760 / (2) HD4000/ HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
Thinking about getting the Hauppauge HD PVR instead of the EyeTV HD simply because the Hauppauge does AC3 5.1 surround in; EyeTV only does 2.0 AAC. Does anyone know a simple way to get S/PDIF in?? Does the S/PDIF port onboard go both ways? I have (2) Hackintoshes - one with ALC889a and one with ALC888. I also have a Turtle Beach USB Digital soundcard that works OOB on Hackintosh.

System Profiler lists Digital In but I want to make sure that'll actually work. Thanks ahead of time.!

Don't know the specifics of your board, but generally GB boards have a header on the PCB for SPDIF-IN. You can connect that to backplane via a GB accessory, or jury-rig up your own RCA connector, or just a bunch of wires if connecting to an internal PCI card's SPDIF output. If you want optical SPDIF in (TOSLINK), then best to get the GigaByte accessory I suspect.

If you are using the right kexts (eg: LegacyHDA sort of thing) with the right version AppleHDA in /S/L/E then SPDIF-IN works. Probably OK since you see it in System Profiler. But it's possible to see it there and yet not have digital audio in/out actually working. If you see it as option in Audio Setup, then you are OK.

I guess the new MacMan generic audio kext will give you the functionality on either of your boards, from what I've read.

889A is OK with "standard" AppleHDA in /S/L/E;
888 will need a roll-back to 10.6.2 version for (analogue) audio to work OK.

Thanks dude! Ordering the bracket off of Amazon! $15 is a bit steep but it's worth it. I am using MacMan's new kext. Working great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back