Contribute
Register

Ryantcu10’s Haswell i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - 16GB RAM - INTEL HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Resteasy!

Logic Pro X is running seamlessly on my system and my Apogee Duet 2 audio interface is rock solid, just like using true mac system. I use Waves V9 native AU plugins and various sample instruments for drums and percussive sounds...no issues whatsoever. I ran a test project: loaded 64 audio tracks (with 4 insert plugins each), 4 sample instruments, 8 stereo effects sends, and 2 plugins on the stereo output channel...and I literally think I heard my system yawn. Logic's CPU meter showed about 20% load. I was impressed, considering my 2008 iMac would have quit much earlier.

As far as purchasing vs. building your own system...that's up to you. Apple computers are gorgeous and have ingenious engineering, but iMacs do lack upgradability and you will pay a premium for Apple's upgrades. However, when you pop a new iMac out of the box, it works and should something go wrong, Apple will help you out. With a hackintosh be prepared to do your homework and solve problems on your own.

That being said, if you choose to build, you will have the system you want and the expandability you crave. You can responsibly choose what components you need and where to invest your hard earned money. I personally saved about $1400 compared to a spec'ed out iMac (not including an AppleCare plan).

Plus, you have this incredible community at Tonymacx86 to help you along the way. So if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-Ryantcu10

Hey there! How are you doing? I'm planing to build my first PC with the same parts do you own. I'm a musician,and i want to work with Logic Pro. How is your system performing? Do you have kernel panics / freezing problems? Thanks, looking forward for your answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back