3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I just installed this card in my Z490 Vision D and it works OOB but doing some tests on Geekbench and Blackmagic returns very poor results. I have seen some tests on Youtube with Big Sur on Blackmagic with a metal score of 153 and more and mine is only around the 65 to 78 mark. How can I get this card to perform better. Also when I boot from the OC menu and select BS, after the verbose screen I don't get the apple logo and bar anymore, screen goes black and it boots straight to Big Sur. I spent a lot of money on this card but the video test results is just as good as my RX580 :eek:

BlackmagicRAWSpeedTest.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 2.18.57 PM.png

Last edited:
Cannot verify the basis for your complaint. My RX 580 is nowhere near as good as your 6800XT based on my GB 5.4.1 Metal result (attached). The BlackMagic RAW benchmark is probably highly specialized and not a good reference for general graphics speed performance on Metal or OpenGL. Have you compared OpenGL performance between the RX 580 and the RX 6800XT on Unigine's "Heaven" and/or "Valley" benchmarks? Or how about Metal performance on "GFXBench Metal?"

GB 5.4.1 Metal RX 580.jpg

Don't laugh at this, but move your mouse around while the tests run. I draw a figure eight on the screen completing one each second. Took my scores from 150k to 200k on a 6900XT. Seems some of the cards don't increase their clock speeds until there is some load, more than GB provides, or that is the theory anyway.

Cannot verify the basis for your complaint. My RX 580 is nowhere near as good as your 6800XT based on my GB 5.4.1 Metal result (attached). The BlackMagic RAW benchmark is probably highly specialized and not a good reference for general graphics speed performance on Metal or OpenGL. Have you compared OpenGL performance between the RX 580 and the RX 6800XT on Unigine's "Heaven" and/or "Valley" benchmarks? Or how about Metal performance on "GFXBench Metal?"

View attachment 527236
It does give a better score on Geekbench but I hoped for a better metal score on Black Magic

Don't laugh at this, but move your mouse around while the tests run. I draw a figure eight on the screen completing one each second. Took my scores from 150k to 200k on a 6900XT. Seems some of the cards don't increase their clock speeds until there is some load, more than GB provides, or that is the theory anyway.
I will try that

HUH, moving the mouse around does improve the score :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 7.41.58 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back