i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys. I have a small issue and i hope you can help me.
I changed recently my card to a RX580 Nitro+ and upgraded to the latest Mojave and i have some weird problem.
I have two monitors plugged in...my primary on display port and an a secondary on dvi. I have my screens setup to sleep after 5 minutes. Everything work ok. They sleep and come back no problem...except overnight (for short periods of time no problems)...When the screens open next day in the morning i have a 1 second flickr every 10 seconds on my secondary lcd (connected on dvi)....Tried to unplug both, etc, without success..the only way to fix it is to restart the computer...but i would like to solve the problem if i can. No a little bit about my setup. The graphic card is recognized by Mojave correctly and i have acceleration..I also have the onboard graphic enabled (HD4600), because i had that issue with preview not working. In clover in the graphic section i have only Orinoco set as a FB Name, the ig-platform-id 0x0d220003, Inject Intel and also RadeonDeInit on. I tried without RadeonDeInit on and Inject ATI on but the system would not start.

I am using Lilu and WEG.

My mother board is Gigabyte GA-H97-Gaming3, CPU intel i7 4770 and graphic card RX580 Nitro+ 8GB.

If you guys have any suggestions or need more details please let me know .

Thank you very much.

I've had this issue with DisplayPort mostly, but I suppose it could happen with DVI. Try a different cable if you haven't already. I had a DisplayPort cable that worked fine with a 1440p screen, but did exactly what you are saying once I used it with a 4K display. Getting a newer high quality cable fixed the issue.

Thank you for your answer. I will try switching the cables although i have the same cables long time already and before mojave did not have any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back