Contribute
Register

RX560 troubles "RadeonSensors (pci1) started" slows down booting Mojave by a 60s until a time out message appears - can this hurt my machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87M-D3H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The timeout says:

Busy Timeout[0]. 60s: 'GFX0'

I would like to know if this could harm my system since the sensors are not working but booting faster might also be a joy. Could it overheat? Should I get rid of it?

My system:
OS Mojave (10.14.6 or so)
Mainboard: GA-Z87M-D3H
RAM: 16GB Ballistix Sport
CPU: I5 4690K
GPU: RX560 2GB SAPPHIRE
Extra: PCIE Firewire 800 card

I made a Unibeast Mojave installer and then used Multibeast 11.30:
Clover UEFI bootmode (no nvram)
Coregraphics fixup aka whatevegreen
AppleALC (audio not working dont care)
FakeSMC, FakeSMC Pluggins, FakeSMC Hardware monitor
RealtekRTL 811 v2.2.2, 7/8/9 USB support
imac 14,1 since I already used that for an earlier install for use with the appstore

The person I bought the RX560 card from, says it could be used on a mac - but said it does not work for Mojave or Catalina but will work in High Sierra - but in my Mojave hack it seems to works fine. It has an extra powerconnector at the top and I have connected power to it. AFAIK it is unusual to give this type of card extra power but maybe I am mistaken.

For me it works fine - HDMI or DVI - is recognized out of the box. In system info it shows up, in about this mac it can be found under displays together with the intel graphics. Photoshop CS6 also recognizes it.

During boot it shows these purple stripes - and even when I update whatever green and lilu to the latest versions

What I tried so far - with no change and still working gpu/display + gpu recognized by the system:
- Removed whatevergreen and Lilu - no change
- did a multibeast without any graphics
- updated whatevergreen an lilu - no change
- turnoff inject ATI - no change
- turn on deinit in config - no change (seems to be needed according to some for this type of card)
- injectedid - no change
- turning on all options in the gpu injector part in clover preboot config including read bios: no change (lets get wild)

What I did not try:
- downgrade to High Sierra - but if this is needed I might since this is a photoshop CS6 machine

Thanks in advance!!

Without seeing the CLOVER EFI folder it is not possible to say what might be causing the issue and how to fix it.

If you post a copy of your EFI, remember to redact/delete your Serial number from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

Thanks for the remark - here is my clover folder + here is a list of what is residing in my extension folder:

Lilu.kext
ACS6x.kext
AppleALC.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
hp_io_enabler_compound.kext
iShowU Audio Capture.kext
Pen Tablet.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext
SoftRAID.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
You have 12 x kexts in your /Library/Extensions folder that shouldn’t be there.

Have a read of this third-party kext guide for reasons why.

I will have a look at your EFI later today.

You mean these ones:

Lilu.kext
AppleALC.kext
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Sorry, I'm not up to speed with the current standards. My last customack was a mavericks hack that lasted me ten years and was solely used for phososhop.

Regarding the sensors: i did notice that HWMonitor has a GPU with three values that change over time - so something is measured. Removing the FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext makes it go away, so I assume this is not the intelGraphics.

Yes, those kexts.

At least you only have the FakeSMC.kext being duplicated in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. Do you know if they are the same version? You also have Inject Kexts set to Detect, which should prevent any duplicate kexts being loaded.

The screenshot below shows the extensive time delay that occurs in your system boot process. Data taken from Bootlog in the /CLOVER/Misc sub-folder.

There are five delays in a very short section of the boot process.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 at 19.21.43.png

The longest and majority are related to boot arguments 'dart=0' and '-v'.

Removing the 'dart=0' boot argument from your Clover config.plist may remove most if not all of these delays.

You don't have -v in your config.plist, so I assume you have it saved in the system NVRAM.

To fix this issue you need to do the following:
  1. When you get to the Clover boot screen you need press the F11 key, and reboot the system.
  2. This will clear any entries in the system NVRAM, so only the entries in your current Clover setup are used.
  3. This should also help with removing the delays in the boot process.

I commented out the dart=0 arguments - I already wondered about it because I believe this was also taken care of in the bios. It indeed goes faster and as a side effect my clover chaged its color(?)

Thanks!!! Will experiment further.

EDIT - hmm, I have to take more time with it because there is something not right - but first I am going to have a long walk with my wife on international women's day!

Last edited:
Post a copy of the system Bootlog, so we can see what is happening as your system boots macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back