Contribute
Register

RX Vega Crashes, sysdiagnose upload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the AMD Vega GPUs are supported with the upcoming iMac Pro, i got an RX Vega 56. And everything works fine, except in some cases the GPU gets pegged at max and the desktop freezes.

I've filed bug reports with Apple for this, since this would probably also occur in an iMac Pro. Now they request syslogs, and I'm a bit hesitant to upload a full syslog (and not only the crash reports).

Could there be any issues with this? The loaded kexts etc pretty much make it clear that it is a hackintosh.

@era86, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Are you running 10.13.0? Maybe you ran into the memory leak in WindowServer one of the iOS devs working on macOS did not see. I updated to Beta 2 of 10.13.1 and the problem is gone.

10.13.6 next year will be stable /s.

Are you running 10.13.0? Maybe you ran into the memory leak in WindowServer one of the iOS devs working on macOS did not see. I updated to Beta 2 of 10.13.1 and the problem is gone.

10.13.6 next year will be stable /s.
Did this crash occur on an Electron or GPU accelerated app like Chrome? Currently I have a Vega 64 and it crashes on anything using the GPU like Slack, Spotify, Chrome, etc without the GPU being disabled.

Did this crash occur on an Electron or GPU accelerated app like Chrome? Currently I have a Vega 64 and it crashes on anything using the GPU like Slack, Spotify, Chrome, etc without the GPU being disabled.

I've got a Vega64 and have the same problem with Electron apps / GPU accelerate apps including Chrome and Spotify. Interestingly, I don't run into any issues with Slack though. Any thoughts on how to get around this or do we just have to wait for Apple to work this out for the iMac Pro?

According to another thread on another site, the GPU is being starved of power. This can be fixed in Windows using watt manager, but I'm not sure if there's a solution for OS X. I'm hoping bringing this to light will lead someone smarter than me to the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back