Contribute
Register

RX 580: Sapphire Pulse or MSI, does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sabertooth Z87
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 960
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Researching my next build, and the Sapphire Pulse RX 580 seems to show up in recommendations here an awful lot. My question is this; would an MSI RX580 be just as compatible, plug 'n play, hassle free as the Sapphire, or is there an actual difference in terms of compatibility. In other words, is there any reason why the Sapphire in particular is by far the most recommended amd (and possibly overall) GPU?

Researching my next build, and the Sapphire Pulse RX 580 seems to show up in recommendations here an awful lot. My question is this; would an MSI RX580 be just as compatible, plug 'n play, hassle free as the Sapphire, or is there an actual difference in terms of compatibility. In other words, is there any reason why the Sapphire in particular is by far the most recommended amd (and possibly overall) GPU?

The Sapphire RX580 Pulse is recommended by Apple for use as an external GPU (eGPU) in an external chassis, and that is why it shows up in recommendations here as it is known to be natively supported in MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and above.

Having said that, I think a MSI RX580 should also work similarly. You can try searching around to see if there are any success stories using such a card.

i got MSI RX-580 on High Sierra and i cannot get the Hardware Encoding to enable.
disable intel GPU in the Bios.

GA-X370XP-SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back