Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello, stuck here and I've run in circles and had no luck so it's time to call in the big guns, let me know if I've posted this in the wrong place...

Just did a vanilla install on a new drive from sierra to high sierra, migrated essential files and upgraded from a 1060 to a sapphire rx 580. Other specs should be in profile.

All was working smoothly for a few days then I started having freezing yesterday and now the system freezes 10 minutes after restart. When I restart I have small horizontal lines so I'm assuming the issue is related to the RX 580. I understand there are only two part numbers that work OOB——turns out this isn't one of them, got some bad advice there. :(

smbios is imac 17,1. I tried for several hours today with different kexts and 14,2 etc. but ended up going back to a saved (whew) efi folder but I'm still getting the small horizontal lines and freezes. It's taken me a couple of restarts to write this message.

Any ideas on what to direction to go in troubleshooting from here? I have deleted the nvidia drivers and about this mac "says" it sees a Radeon RX 580 8192 MB but I understand that should be taken with a grain of salt. The card is currently in the top slot, closest to the cpu.

Going to the options gear on VideoProc immediately freezes the system.

I noticed that CseActiveConfig was allowing kexts so I changed it to 0x67, probably unrelated.

The issue began when working on masks in Mocha AE.

MB bios has to be set to igpu disabled or the system freezes on the startup, getting most of the way through the startup process.

Any help / pointers / suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Idem here, random freeze with spinning beachball and then after hard reboot (sometime also BIOS get resetted)
I cannot figure out what is the problem, never happened before 10.15.3, had a system very stable but with latest update suspect something get wrong with graphic card driver, mine is RX 570. Not sure 100% anyway, following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back