Graphics
RX 580 8gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
why is it that my rx 580 fan not always on. it turns idle. and also how would I know if my rx 580 is fully working :)

I attached herewith is my screenshot.

and also.. how to be able to activate screen resolution with 60hz. I can only experience 30hz.
Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 6.17.30 AM.png

Last edited:
Hello - ok I tested Windows. Installed AMD Drivers and the Sapphire TRIX utility. Idle temps are 26c degrees which is nice and cool. I did adjust how the fans work, Saved the Profile and appears to be working in macOS also. I also find that gaming is not stable in 10.12.6 for me. Gaming in 10.13 beta is good.

Hello - ok I tested Windows. Installed AMD Drivers and the Sapphire TRIX utility. Idle temps are 26c degrees which is nice and cool. I did adjust how the fans work, Saved the Profile and appears to be working in macOS also. I also find that gaming is not stable in 10.12.6 for me. Gaming in 10.13 beta is good.

what Utility should i use with my gigabyte rx 580? thanks

hello, i have same problem with rx580 on mac os 10.14 mojave ... fans stopped when loading drivers :( know any solution? thank you .

why is it that my rx 580 fan not always on. it turns idle. and also how would I know if my rx 580 is fully working :)

I attached herewith is my screenshot.

and also.. how to be able to activate screen resolution with 60hz. I can only experience 30hz.View attachment 270080

Fans not spinning on idle is normal on modern cards.

There are thermal sensors on all around the PCB and they send a signal to the fan controller to spin when it reaches a certain temperature.

If they don't spin lets say at full load, then there's something wrong with the GPU.

Usually the fans are controlled by the vBIOS on the GPU and not the Operating System, unless you customize the drivers to change the fan curve.

What model of the RX580 do you have? Some work better than others.

Also for 30Hz vs 60Hz, make sure your monitor supports DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.0 if it's a 4k monitor.

What monitor do you have an how are you connecting it?

To set custom Hz, go to System Preferences > Displays > Hold [OPT] > Click Scaled > Check "Show low resolution modes" > Pick 60Hz. If it's not available then you're not connecting your monitor properly in the right port. Use DisplayPort instead of HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back