Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
RX 580
Hi everybody

I just can't get DP working on rx580. I have two systems and two identical rx580 Pulse cards.

system one:
z97x
i7 4790k
both displayports working

system two:
z370-hd3p
i5 8600k
none of display ports working, HDMI working

tried everything: clean, lilu+whatevergreen, radeondeinit, different system definitions... and always the same thing: DP works up until login screen - then black screen

Hi miquedique,
I can't help you for your second system, but you can help me with mine that is identical to your first one.
How did you get it working ?
I'm currently using no ketx or specific settings for rx 580 ad it works only through DVI. I have also disabled HD4600 in BIOS.
Can you reach full acceleration with videoconv programs ?

Hi miquedique,
I can't help you for your second system, but you can help me with mine that is identical to your first one.
How did you get it working ?
I'm currently using no ketx or specific settings for rx 580 ad it works only through DVI. I have also disabled HD4600 in BIOS.
Can you reach full acceleration with videoconv programs ?

I tested video renderings in Premiere CC 2019 with and without HD4600 and having it disabled (using only rx580) is the way to go, like 100% to 140 % faster. That is if you are editing videos and exporting them.
If you are just transcoding videos, with let's say Adobe Media encoder, then having HD4600 enabled will give you a little boost.

I have just FakeSMC, Lilu and Whatevergreen in Clover/Kexts/Other and RX 580 just works, no other patches...

Last edited:
Thank you, I’ll try installing WG and Lilu. Are you on Mojave or HS ?

Hi everybody

I just can't get DP working on rx580. I have two systems and two identical rx580 Pulse cards.

system one:
z97x
i7 4790k
both displayports working

system two:
z370-hd3p
i5 8600k
none of display ports working, HDMI working

tried everything: clean, lilu+whatevergreen, radeondeinit, different system definitions... and always the same thing: DP works up until login screen - then black screen
There are reports of different VBIOS on older and newer Sapphire cards. Older cards work properly but newer ones tend to be troublesome. I'm not sure if this affects Nitro or Pulse, but here's something simple to try:

OPTION 1:
Swap the cards between the two systems.

If the problem is related to VBIOS, then the card from System 1 should WORK in System 2, and the card from System 2 should FAIL in System 1.

OPTION 2:
In High Sierra, install all third-party kernel extensions in /Library/Extensions if they are not there already. See this post by FearTech:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-whatevergreen.256490/page-71#post-1898091

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back