1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I seem to have done something stupid– everything was working fine with Lilu and Whatevergreen installed to L/E/ but I thought it would be a good idea to move them to EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other... now I am getting a black screen at boot and can not fix. System is booting fine (on 10.15.2), but after Apple logo screen turns black. Don't know what to do now!

How can I get back into the system to add Lilu and Whatevergreen back to L/E/ as it was before? Or do you have some other troubleshooting suggestions to fix black screen??

Thanks in advance.

edit: using DisplayPort to connect monitor...

First you may have to use the boot options in clover to force kext injection, or block kext injection try both
also you have to have detect kext enabled in config.plist
Did you forget to remove them from /L/E and are they latest kexts?

worst case you temporarily use IGPU to boot into system

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to use iGPU to boot, but can't get it working either for some reason... Getting black screen with iGPU also, even tried removing the GPU completely and using injectintel. I was however able to use screen sharing from another Mac to move the kexts back to /L/E and am able to boot again for now...

They are latest kexts and they work fine when placed in /L/E, but not when placed in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other so it seems like they are not injecting properly when in EFI?

Can you clarify this part:
First you may have to use the boot options in clover to force kext injection, or block kext injection try both
also you have to have detect kext enabled in config.plist
I can't find what you mean by "detect kext" in config.plist. I do have other kexts being injected from EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other which are working...

oops I thought it was part of cover configurator
must be a boot option only unless I cant find it in configurator

oops I thought it was part of cover configurator
must be a boot option only unless I cant find it in configurator

its in the "System Parameters" sector. change "Inject Kexts" to "Yes"

That is until Apple deletes kexts we depend on in /L/E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back