Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Hi everyone. I am running on 10.13.4 and as per the discussion in the forums, I understand that the RX 580 is now natively supported.

Whatevergreen and Lilu have been removed and I unchecked deinit, however unless I have AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext as soon as I boot, I get a black screen.

Hi everyone. I am running on 10.13.4 and as per the discussion in the forums, I understand that the RX 580 is now natively supported.

Whatevergreen and Lilu have been removed and I unchecked deinit, however unless I have AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext as soon as I boot, I get a black screen.
Why do you remove whatevergreen ? It helps to get audio on HDMI, and correct connector issues among others things).
Get the latest Lilu & WEG kexts and install them.

Also, are you using the IGPU ?

Why do you remove whatevergreen ? It helps to get audio on HDMI, and correct connector issues among others things).
Get the latest Lilu & WEG kexts and install them.

Also, are you using the IGPU ?

I removed whatevergreen and lilu because i read that these are now not necessary after the 10.13.4. Yes I am using IGPU as well.

I removed whatevergreen and lilu because i read that these are now not necessary after the 10.13.4. Yes I am using IGPU as well.
How have you configured the IGPU (with connectors or connector-less) ?
That is, what have to set the ig-platform-id to ?

If you do not NEED IGPU, disable it in the BIOS.
CSM should always be disabled in the BIOS.
With 10.13.4, there's no need to use AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext but just Lilu & whatevergreen.
Suggest that you remove AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and install in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and re-test.

BTW, your signature states Kaby Lake but what exactly is the CPU ? - suggest you change your signature.

How have you configured the IGPU (with connectors or connector-less) ?
That is, what have to set the ig-platform-id to ?

If you do not NEED IGPU, disable it in the BIOS.
CSM should always be disabled in the BIOS.
With 10.13.4, there's no need to use AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext but just Lilu & whatevergreen.
Suggest that you remove AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and install in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and re-test.

BTW, your signature states Kaby Lake but what exactly is the CPU ? - suggest you change your signature.

Thanks for the reply. I have attached my config.plist for your reference.

I need IGPU and CSM is disabled. I removed AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and put back Lilu and whatevergreen, and now I cano boot fine, but I was under the impression that lilu and whatevergreen are no longer needed with the latest update.

p.s. for the signature, I have Kaby Lake i7 4.2K, where are you referring to?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 246
Thanks for the reply. I have attached my config.plist for your reference.

I need IGPU and CSM is disabled. I removed AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and put back Lilu and whatevergreen, and now I cano boot fine, but I was under the impression that lilu and whatevergreen are no longer needed with the latest update.
Glad you solved the problem.
10.13.4 update does not solve all the issues with AMD GPU's ... there's a lot of misinformation as to what "OOB" means. There are a lot of variables - CPU type, Model ID, GPU type, GPU ports, etc, etc.
You my want to add anther patch to your DSDT: PEGP to GFX0.

p.s. for the signature, I have Kaby Lake i7 4.2K, where are you referring to?
Yes. See my signature.
Kaby Lake is an Intel code name for the family of CPU's but it does give any info about which CPU you have. Telling a garage that my BMW needs a new tyre conveys no info to the garage except it's a BMW. Even if I told them "it's BMW 7-Series" it still does not help the garage narrow down what I have. I have to tell them the exact model details.
See here for a complete list of Kaby Lake CPU's https://ark.intel.com/products/codename/82879/Kaby-Lake.

You my want to add anther patch to your DSDT: PEGP to GFX0.

Could you please explain me the benefit of that? Also, would you mind sharing the Find Hex and Replace Hex values?

Yes. See my signature.
Kaby Lake is an Intel code name for the family of CPU's but it does give any info about which CPU you have. Telling a garage that my BMW needs a new tyre conveys no info to the garage except it's a BMW. Even if I told them "it's BMW 7-Series" it still does not help the garage narrow down what I have. I have to tell them the exact model details.
See here for a complete list of Kaby Lake CPU's https://ark.intel.com/products/codename/82879/Kaby-Lake.

Could you please explain me the benefit of that? Also, would you mind sharing the Find Hex and Replace Hex values?
With proper ACPI device naming gets your hack closer to a real Mac so that drivers and other s/w function correctly. GFX0 helps, e.g., with macOS to identify appropriate power management.
There are others too (IMEI, SATA, HDEF, MCHC, etc).
Apple are now checking ACPI implementations (they know people use it PC's !!)

If you use PListEdit Pro, it allows you to enter ASCII values.
If not, manually convert items via https://www.asciitohex.com

PEGP -> GFX0:
Find: 50454750
Replace: 47465830

With proper ACPI device naming gets your hack closer to a real Mac so that drivers and other s/w function correctly. GFX0 helps, e.g., with macOS to identify appropriate power management.
There are others too (IMEI, SATA, HDEF, MCHC, etc).
Apple are now checking ACPI implementations (they know people use it PC's !!)

If you use PListEdit Pro, it allows you to enter ASCII values.
If not, manually convert items via https://www.asciitohex.com

PEGP -> GFX0:
Find: 50454750
Replace: 47465830
Thanks a lot for the info buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back