Contribute
Register

RX 5700 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! So i am attempting to build a hackintosh. My specs are i7 4770k oc to 4.2, asus maximus vi hero, RX 5700 reference.
After many attemps, i managed to get the system to recognize the gpu using agdpmod=pikera and weg,due to the latest betas where apple added support for the NAVI cards but i was never able to get the aux on the six jack pins to work because my system was very "fragile".
I say that beacause i get black screen after selecting to boot to catalina in clover everytime i do any changes in the system, like installing applealc.kext, installing paragon ntfs (required reboot), booting to windows via clover... and i have to format and do everything again to get the gpu to work.
I can still bot to the system, but only with the igpu. Yes i tried to set the pci as primary but didnt work as well.
I need to get this to work for photo and video editing.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Hello! So i am attempting to build a hackintosh. My specs are i7 4770k oc to 4.2, asus maximus vi hero, RX 5700 reference.
After many attemps, i managed to get the system to recognize the gpu using agdpmod=pikera and weg,due to the latest betas where apple added support for the NAVI cards but i was never able to get the aux on the six jack pins to work because my system was very "fragile".
I say that beacause i get black screen after selecting to boot to catalina in clover everytime i do any changes in the system, like installing applealc.kext, installing paragon ntfs (required reboot), booting to windows via clover... and i have to format and do everything again to get the gpu to work.
I can still bot to the system, but only with the igpu. Yes i tried to set the pci as primary but didnt work as well.
I need to get this to work for photo and video editing.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

In Catalina use all Kexts like lilu WEG in Clover/Kexts/Other folder not Library/Extensions.

Tried both, same story...

Check clover make sure you are not injecting ATI.

Check bios and make sure that the IGPU is disabled and not enabled whether or not you set PCI or PEG if it’s enabled it will cause problems for Navi cards.

Use cursor arrows at clover boot menu go to Options the. Go to graphics settings. Are you seeing IGPU?

Hey fellas,
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to replace my 1080ti for the RT 5700 RX and soon after the apple logo boots I get a black screen. But even though the screen is black I believe it's on the login screen because I can hear that sound bite when I hit the keyboard or mouse. I thought that now that we got support for this card in Catalina 10.15.1 beta I thought that It would work out of the box. I guess not. If someone has the solution to this issue please help us out!

Hey fellas,
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to replace my 1080ti for the RT 5700 RX and soon after the apple logo boots I get a black screen. But even though the screen is black I believe it's on the login screen because I can hear that sound bite when I hit the keyboard or mouse. I thought that now that we got support for this card in Catalina 10.15.1 beta I thought that It would work out of the box. I guess not. If someone has the solution to this issue please help us out!

Beta 15.1 they announced support but they didn’t add it. Beta 15.1 version 2-3 have support.

WEG if using this you need to either disable or remove it, or use boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

Also test different displayports especially if using multi monitors.

Disable IGPU IGFX completely in bios.

Preferred smbios iMacPro 1.1 because it has no IGPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back