Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I'm a newb but I have been working on a Hack for over 3 years now. A friend built my hack and I have been learning how to maintain it.

I just finished doing a clean install of El Capitan on a new 240 SSD. After the install and I booted from the new SSD Clover's graphics were very pixelated. I figured that this was normal and proceeded to work on getting a few bugs resolved. I was having some extra difficult problems with my graphics card AMD HD 6850 and was pulling out my hair. I was frustrated! So, after editing the config.plist in Clover Configure...again, I saved it and booted from the new SSD. Problem not solved. So I rebooted again. But being frustrated and at a loss of what to do next, I just exited out of Clover planning on taking a break. Clover closed and then reloaded automatically without a system reboot. This time the graphics in Clover were what I would expect, nice and pretty, vs the very pixelated graphics I was used to seeing. I selected my El Capitan drive and CHA CHING, I was all set. Audio works, Video works. All is good.

So, I wanted to see if I could recreate this solution, so I shut down the computer and rebooted. Same thing. It appears that as long as I quit the first Clover that loads (the version with the ugly graphics) my system is stable and flawless. For the time being...:thumbup:

So does anyone know why it appears that there are two copies of Clover on my new SSD and why the second one works as apposed to the first that doesn't?

I have only installed El Capitan once on this new SSD, there is only one partition on the drive, and I only see one EFI that mounts when using Clover Configure.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how to only boot up using the good version of Clover?

System Specs:
MB: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3h-B3 (running Legacy BIOS Award R12)
GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6850
RAM: Corsair 4x4 (total 16GB) GB DDR3 133MHz
SSD: 240 GB OWC Pro6G

Any Help would be great. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back