Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
Intel i7 6700 4.0 ghz
Graphics
GTX 970 4gb SC
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Has anyone gotten this? Apple restricts it to 30hz. Through Switchresx, I could run it at 60hz, but at a loss of res.(The res ratio is the same, but the quality is lower, blurry words, etc)

I came across this website, and it is for macbook. Obviously, I'm running a hackintosh on a desktop machine (imax 17,1 smbios, AGDPfix app, 10.11.6) and I'm curious to know if what he did will work for other mac systems? Afraid to try it, don't want to format my HDD.

Has anyone gotten a proper way to enable 60hz at hidpi?

update, that thread doesn't help much. The setting can't be activated for some reason. Probably a restriction from Apple.
Can you elaborate what error are you experiencing?
Did you also try 1920x1080 HiDPI mode? As far as I know your 'target'resolution can not excees the cap of your graphics card.
For instance: 1080p HiDPI requires a 2160p cabale graphics card.
Try 1080p HiDPI and maybe that would work.

Although it contridicts what I just said, theres somebody who actually managed to do what you wish, and it's about the same way as the other link:
http://www.journaldulapin.com/2014/01/10/ultra-1440p-hidpi-and-mac-os-x-it-works/

Last edited:
Can you elaborate what error are you experiencing?
Did you also try 1920x1080 HiDPI mode? As far as I know your 'target'resolution can not excees the cap of your graphics card.
For instance: 1080p HiDPI requires a 2160p cabale graphics card.
Try 1080p HiDPI and maybe that would work.

Although it contridicts what I just said, theres somebody who actually managed to do what you wish, and it's about the same way as the other link:
http://www.journaldulapin.com/2014/01/10/ultra-1440p-hidpi-and-mac-os-x-it-works/

I can run it at that and at 2k. Problem is I can't run any of these at 60hz with hidpi. That setting isn't available to me, only at 30hz. From what I've read, it seems Apple restrict it to 30hz for some reason. The website I posted earlier seems to have bypassed that restriction, but the guy was using a macbook and attaching a 4k monitor to it.

Attached a screenshot of all the res available to me. Notice if you can, which settings have hidpi have 30hz, but none (maybe 1080p60?) at 60hz. Maybe this is a hardware restriction. Don't know.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 7.34.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 7.34.27 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
You need to provide some additional information: How is your display connected? Which GPU? Can you get 3840x2160@60Hz?

Long shot: You're trying to use HDMI 2.0, which OS X doesn't support. Sometimes it helps to install the Pixel Clock Patch, but using DP 1.2 is generally the better way.

Thanks, Fl0r!an

It's connect using HDMI. Not sure if it's 1.0 or 2.0. It also does have DP 1.2 connection and cable that came with it. GPU does accept it as well, GTX 970.

I tried the DP 1.2 last night, but the only difference it made was with the clover boot screen and apple logo. Both were stretched out.

Will try the Pixel Clock Patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back