Asus Prime Z370-P
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
These are the drivers I'm using:

On that page, in the section "Supported Products", I don't see anything about the RTX 2060, but on the other hand, I don't see anything about the GTX 1060 either, but I'm using that right now and it works perfectly.

So has anyone actually tried running an RTX 2060 on High Sierra with current Web Drivers yet?

I just tried it, and it doesn't work. The card is not detected at all. The screen looks the same as if the web drivers were not installed. The card was swapped in to replace a GTX 1060, which was already working perfectly.

Web Drivers: 17G65

Last edited:
At this point, I'm trying to run both cards.

Windows 10 ran fine, and just ignored the 1060 (no drivers were installed for it), and the 2070 worked fine. Mac OS won't boot though. The machine freezes at the white Apple logo right before the loading bar would appear. I enabled "Inject NVidia", "NvidiaGeneric" and "NvidiaSingle" in my config file as well, but that didn't work either. The machine wouldn't boot into macOS until the card was removed.

If anyone has any ideas on this one, it would be much appreciated!

What, exactly, is your problem?

The RTX graphics cards are not supported in MacOS due to the lack of Nvidia web drivers.

What, exactly, is your problem?

I've confirmed the 2070 does not work yet, so you can ignore the first two posts above. Only the 3rd one matters at this point.

What I need to do is have both cards plugged into the motherboard, but only have one work on each OS (high sierra/windows 10-64). Windows works fine - it ignores the GTX 1060, which has no drivers installed, and uses the RTX 2070 as expected. For High Sierra, I want to do the opposite, and use the 1060, and have the OS ignore the 2070. macOS won't boot up with both cards in the machine though. It freezes right before the loading bar that would appear during startup, and removing the 2070 is the only way to get the machine to boot.

Edit: I'm just going to start a new thread since the topic has changed:

Last edited:
Ah I see, yep that seems like it's only for cuda which is not even supported on mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back