CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a way to active networking (RTL8111D) on GA-P55 boards via DSDT instead of installing an extra kext in S/L/E??
On my other system (GA-EP45-UD3R) using RTL8111C networking, the DSDT patch works fine.
Any thoughts?

Post the code- I've tried some methods, but none have ever worked on my UD2- if we can get this together, I'll make a blog post. It will be great news! :mrgreen:

Since everyone has a variation of that Realtek chip, it should be universal- link your DSDT so I can have a look at a confirmed working edit. :)

There are official 10.4 and 10.5 drivers for just about all of the variants here http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/dow ... Down=false
Nothing for Snow Leopard though.

RTL8111C specs http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/prod ... ProdID=142
RTL8111D(L) specs http://www.realtek.com.tw/products/prod ... ProdID=193

The D model differences seems to be jumbo frame support, embedded EEPROM, a built in switching regulator, quad core Receive-Side Scaling, deep slumber mode (power saving, but that's BIOS controlled on Gigabyte board) and Custom LEDs.

So I guess they're not that different. The only good thing to get working would be the jumbo frame support, but I don't know if OS X supports it.

Just downloaded and inspected the official Realtek pkg- it's the old AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext that was in Leopard. The kext lives inside of IONetworkingFamily.kext in Snow Leopard.

One thing you can do to make your system more 'vanilla' is to stick the RealtekR1000SL.kext inside the IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder, and install the whole thing in /Extra/Extensions. Then you don't need RealtekR1000SL.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. But then you have a large kext in /Extra/Extensions.

It's really up to you- that's how I did it for iBoot to get Realtek Ethernet working with vanilla Install DVD.

As for the DSDT thing- let me know your progress- it would be awesome to finally get rid of that pesky kext. Although it's working great, anything that we can do in DSDT lessens the struggle... :mrgreen:

good tip tony! copied IONetworkigFamily.kext to /Extra/Extensions and only added RealtekR1000 into Plug-ins to keep /System/Extensions vanilla and it works.

but whats cool is now my Apple logo boot screen is twice as quick as before. RealtekR1000 in /System/Extensions mustve slowed it down a little. 11 cog spins instead of around 20 before for anyone who counts :p.

hi Tony,

first of all thanks for brilliant working developing this application.

I only had problem with my network connection. Network was working fine with the iboot cd but stopped working after I used Multibeast and installed kest from multibeast.

Any help. I saw you said something about using more vanilla but I am not sure how to do that? I have messed up my system once with some changes earlier in the extensions directory and re-installed.

Please help.

I added some info to DSDT from database to make my dual ethernet card and GTS250 show up in System Profiler.
I removed GraphicEnabler=Yes and EthernetBuiltin=Yes, and things seems 100% working as usual, I do so because I heard somewhere FCP or Adobe may not work properly if these info not shows up in System Profiler.
I just done these edits three days ago, not yet tested with FCP or Adobe, I still need Kext in S/L/E, I think except we fool apple to see realtek as built-in Yonna, we will always need a realtek driver, right?

My ethernet card is in PEX6 and PEX7, if you guys interested, please take a look, I'm also still trying to figure it out, I want to have Wake-On-Lan working, I love nature ;)

Attachments

• DSDT-UD4P-F11-GTS250(PEG2+cfg)-GIGE.aml
    21.1 KB · Views: 123
ozmac said:
hi Tony,

first of all thanks for brilliant working developing this application.

I only had problem with my network connection. Network was working fine with the iboot cd but stopped working after I used Multibeast and installed kest from multibeast.

Any help. I saw you said something about using more vanilla but I am not sure how to do that? I have messed up my system once with some changes earlier in the extensions directory and re-installed.

Please help.

Tony,

I read one of another solution provided by you by deleting the network interface and create again and it worked. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back