Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm struggling with a hardware compatibility issue that's got me befuddled. I got a newly acquired HP ProDesk 600 Microtower up and running smoothly on macOS Sonoma using OpenCore 0.9.6. One of the issues I encountered while setting up the machine was the infamous RTC memory crash at boot-up, which I resolved with RTCMemoryFixup.kext. Through the Dortania-recommended trial-and-error approach, I identified 0x58, 0x59, 0xDE, and 0xDF as the offending memory addresses. With these addresses blocked, my machine reboots flawlessly *EXCEPT* when performing a macOS software update. The software update mechanism reintroduces the RTC memory crash during the first reboot. Once the update is complete, my machine once again reboots flawlessly.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, I'd sure appreciate any advice on how to resolve this minor annoyance. Since the crash only occurs when installing software updates, the trial-and-error approach isn't very practical. Thanks!

My ProDesk is a 400 not a 600 but this is how I set mine up :

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 21.05.52.png

My ProDesk is a 400 not a 600 but this is how I set mine up :

View attachment 575165
Thanks for the quick reply @P1LGRIM. My config.plist is similar except that I had to block 58 and 59 as well (it was harder to find them all when the offending addresses are so far apart...)

Attachments

• HP Prodesk 600 MT rtc-fix-nvram.png
    HP Prodesk 600 MT rtc-fix-nvram.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 22
Back