Contribute
Register

Roubignol’s Skylake build : Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH - I7 6700k - GTX 980

Status
Not open for further replies.

Note to sysadmin : It seems I can't edit my original post, I always get this error message :
"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.'
You must have trigger the spam filter words or links. If it's not too much trouble, post what you want to insert and where in the build description here. I'll copy and paste it into the original post, then delete the post.

Update: Did you use the word "furneral"?

You must have trigger the spam filter words or links. If it's not too much trouble, post what you want to insert and where in the build description here. I'll copy and paste it into the original post, then delete the post.

Update: Did you use the word "furneral"?

Yes I used the words "funeral pot" to describe the Mac pro's…
I'll try to solve the FaceTime and Imessage problem before submitting you changes, don't want to bother you each time, I'm sure you have plenty better things to do :)

Edit : all is good, removed the "funeral pot" line, and edition of the post works. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Southlegend.

Concerning the overclock, I followed a video on Youtube that unfortunately I didn't bookmarked, but basically,
I'll I did was changing the CPU Clock ratio setting in the second column from "auto" to "46", and change the X.M.P from "auto" to "profile 1".

Sleep & Wake is working since I edited my config file with Clover configurator and checked "FixShutdown", "FIX_WAK" in the Acpi panel and selected "darkwake=0" in the boot panel.
That's good news.
I installed the Adobe CC suite and played a bit with After effects, seems the machine is working without problems.
I tried some game too, Borderlands 2, highest settings, the game experience was smooth.

I now will try to get the FaceTime and messages fix working for me this afternoon, and if it works as good as the rest of te good tips flowing around here (I'm pretty optimistic) , I should have a 100% working Hackintosh.

Note to sysadmin : It seems I can't edit my original post, I always get this error message :
"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.'

Thanks for the overclock tip, I'll give that a go tonight!

I tried adding FIX_WAK but that hasn't solved my sleep issues unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Hoping the iMessage fix worked for you!

Hi Roubignol, (lol)

I build the same as you made... (mobo cpu memory)
after tried to use internal Intel chipset with TH3, i decided to stop invertigation about TH3 connector / adapter
to the best solution as you made (but for 344 euro @ the best price i found it)
Gigabyte N980XTREME-4GD !!!

TH3 & hackintosh is for the future ...
(TH3 to TH2 for using MDP @ 100 $ it's too expensive for the result)

as you said work very well,
(but waiting for Gigabyte N980XTREME-4GD i hope for chrismas)

Regards
Denis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back