Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I currently have an XFX 5770 with nonworking display on 10.6.8. The computer works fine as I can access it in LogMeIn but the monitors refuse to display. I did the combo update from 10.6.6 and was wondering how I can go about restoring the graphics drivers I had running before the update. I'd prefer rolling back to 10.6.6 drivers instead of 10.6.7 because .7 causes my mini display port to stop sending input to my third monitor. I have a time machine backup, can I take the ktext from there? If not, how would I go about rolling back to the graphics settings I had in 10.6.6? Thanks

Just delete all the ATI kexts from SLE and use kext helper to restore all the 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 kexts to SLE and repair permissions (just to be safe). I had the same problem with my DP > DVI monitor after 10.6.8, but using the 10.6.7 kexts everything seems to be back to normal now. Not sure if there will be a workaround using the 'real' kexts for 10.6.8, or what a Lion upgrade will bring.

marksest said:
I currently have an XFX 5770 with nonworking display on 10.6.8. The computer works fine as I can access it (...)

I have two absolutely identical hacks over here, one worked fine after update to 10.6.8, the other also had a black monitor but apparently was running.
I had to enter the flag PCIRootUID=1 in com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra on the effected machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back