Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I've upgraded to Monterey and discovered, that there's no way I can clone/migrate my old HDD to SSD.
I've tried a cloning station, CCC, Time Machine, Migration Assistant to no avail.
The only way I see is to roll back the HDD to Big Sur, clone it to SSD and then update.
Is downgrade even possible?
Thanks

CCC will not copy the EFI folder so you will have to manually copy it to SSD. CCC should copy everything else to a new drive.

CCC will not copy the EFI folder so you will have to manually copy it to SSD. CCC should copy everything else to a new drive.

No, you can’t downgrade from one OS to another with a Hack or a real Mac.

Best thing to do is Clean installation of Big Sur, then use migration assistant to copy the apps, files etc from your Monterey drive.

Are you sure you can’t clone the APFS Snapshot from Monterey with Carbon Copy Cloner.

CCC failed. Assistant destroyed new installation on SSD

That being the case, you will have to clean install Big Sur, reinstall all your Apps and copy your files from the Monterey drive manually.

I have a perfectly working Monterey on my new SSD and I can move all my documents. The problem is reinstalling apps, to be exact audio and video plugins and libraries, which are so many. This system is running for 10+ years. I've purchased plenty of stuff in this time. Seems like there's no other way. :mad: Thanks

Back