Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello

So I finally built the start of my system. It sports:

i7 7700k
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 drive
16GB of RAM

This system won't have a dGPU to start with, the ones I want are sold out (this is an ITX build so I want low power and all of those are unavailable).

I've managed to get Clover to sorta boot after creating the USB and putting FakeSMC, USBInjectAll and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kexts (from a YT video, actually) and config.plist from the HS guide post.

I seem to be getting a torrent of errors though. I can't tell you one specific wrong thing, I just seem to notice there are a lot. Now, I have no idea where to go from here, or back to, so, I was wondering if anyone could help.

It's currently frozen at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

Well. This is a turn of events. My screen literally just went off. No reboot, no usb pen activity.

Hello

So I finally built the start of my system. It sports:

i7 7700k
Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI
Samsung 960 EVO M.2 drive
16GB of RAM

This system won't have a dGPU to start with, the ones I want are sold out (this is an ITX build so I want low power and all of those are unavailable).

I've managed to get Clover to sorta boot after creating the USB and putting FakeSMC, USBInjectAll and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad kexts (from a YT video, actually) and config.plist from the HS guide post.

I seem to be getting a torrent of errors though. I can't tell you one specific wrong thing, I just seem to notice there are a lot. Now, I have no idea where to go from here, or back to, so, I was wondering if anyone could help.

It's currently frozen at "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"

Well. This is a turn of events. My screen literally just went off. No reboot, no usb pen activity.

ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext is for laptop keyboard/trackpad, not desktops.
You probably need Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

I later tried a combination of files with those in and it didn't work, remaking the USB and adding just the two files I had (minus the trackpad one) plus those two, it booted, thank you!

However, it doesn't see my m.2 drive. Wasn't there supposed to be native support? Is there something extra I need to do?

However, it doesn't see my m.2 drive. Wasn't there supposed to be native support? Is there something extra I need to do?

Check BIOS settings (SATA mode must be AHCI).

That's what it is set to. The BIOS sees the drive (didn't always), I've confirmed before booting that the drive was detected, but it still doesn't show up.

-----

So I decided to get an SSD in and try an install there. After some issues, I have booted macOS HS. I can, right away, tell three things aren't working:

- Dual Ethernet (Only one port is functional, using IntelMausiEthernet. Using E1000 doesn't work, as I'd expect
- PS/2 port.
- Audio (already put AppleALC.kext in)

I didn't know BT wasn't supported either and I don't think my BT dongle is working either. The PS2 keyboard I've been working doesn't work once I boot macOS, so I'm locked out. Can't get into Screen Sharing, so progress seems halted for now.

Last edited:
Okay, so I figured out a couple of things:

- The NVMe was showing up in System Report but not Disk Manager. Since it was new, I just command line formatted it with APFS (as I could get diskX information), it worked fine afterwards.
- APFS caused some issues with the second SSD I was using (to temporarily install OSX to, now it's my Windows drive, OSX has been successfully moved to the 960 EVO and boots fine.
- Audio performance on the machine, latency wise with a USB soundboard clearly isn't living up to the computer's potential, I've followed a couple of guides, still can't get the ALC1220 to work.
- While in Ableton, the computer restarted. No idea why, haven't checked the logs yet.
- Installing Windows on the 850 EVO was a pain, required me to remove the m.2 drive, located on the underside of the motherboard.

So currently, what doesn't work and needs fixing:
- Built in audio. Followed a couple of guides, but no dice, will keep at it some other time, my time with the machine has run out for now.
- Power management. Macs Fan Control at least sees no sensors, I don't know if speed management on the CPU fan and all is being done properly.

What doesn't work and can wait:
- Dual Ethernet
- PS/2 port
- Back to My Mac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back