Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have a RME Multiface I soundcard. This soundcard consists of a combination of a breakoutbox and a PCI card and are connected through a firewire cable (the PCI card has an IEEE 1394 firewire slot)
I have snow leopard running on my hackintosh. Can somebody help me out to get this Multiface soundcard working? Do i have to install a kext for the PCI card and after that do i have to install the official mac drivers? Or are there other solutions?

T.I.A.

H.N.

Hi Happy_Nacho
RME PCI Multiface in Snow Leopard
Use the Original 32bit driver /Installpackage hdsp_173_x86.gz from rme. Be shure you have update Multiface -Firmware. Use for the the Version 1.6c fut_mac_dsp.gz ( FUT 14_106_52_152). Its only working if the System is running in 32 bit mode.Tiger, Leopard or start Snow Leopard with the option/bootflag arch=i386 to force the System running in 32 bit mode. to proof it. Look in the about this mac/ more informations and there in software "64bit kernel and extensions no"
RME won't build for the PCI-Card any 64bit driver. Another solution could be: you buy the PCIe Card and use your old multiface box. The same is for the HDSP 9632 RME card. Good Luck.

From RME site

Hammerfall DSP and HDSPe Series:
Mac OS X Intel driver for HDSPe series (MADI, AES, RayDAT, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM). Supports 10.5 in 32 bit, 10.6 in 32 bit/64 bit and 10.7.
Version 3.01 11/25/2011

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph ... iver_hdspe

would it be possible to use this driver in 64 bit system under Lion?

Hi familiajim
this drivers are for the PCIe cards. Not for older PCI cards. Only the older Hammerfall driver 17.3 are working with the older HDSP PCI Card. If you running a newer PCIe Card connected with your Multiface, then you can use the new driver from RME :hdspe_x86_301.zip.

Just ran into this problem. No love from RME on the drivers. I don't necessarily blame them, but a going to have to go HDSPe :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back