Register

Right audio only works? Left doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
So I know this may seem weird, but I just switch computer cases and now my left audio won't work. I changed speakers and made sure the audio settings were centered, but the sound is still only going to the right speaker. Any suggestions?

So I know this may seem weird, but I just switch computer cases and now my left audio won't work. I changed speakers and made sure the audio settings were centered, but the sound is still only going to the right speaker. Any suggestions?

Yes, your speaker plug is needing some jiggling around to make a proper connection. I'm assuming you're using the 1/8" jack on the motherboard? If not then whatever header cable you've got running inside the case to the jack is on wrong or a cable has come loose.

Yes, your speaker plug is needing some jiggling around to make a proper connection. I'm assuming you're using the 1/8" jack on the motherboard? If not then whatever header cable you've got running inside the case to the jack is on wrong or a cable has come loose.

Thanks for the reply. I try my second headphone jack, which is part of the case and its the same thing. I don't think its the speaker plug. :/ Do you think its a software issue then?

I think it's hardware myself but do you also boot Windows? Try under another OS.

EDIT:

You're trying with music files right? Some vids only play out one side on my system.

I think it's hardware myself but do you also boot Windows? Try under another OS.

EDIT:

You're trying with music files right? Some vids only play out one side on my system.

I tried music and videos already. I have two MAC OS on here and same thing on that, so it must be hardware but I have no clue on how to fix it.

Will your speaker system allow you to swap left and right speakers to eliminate them as the culprit? Or you AMP if that's what you're going to?

Will your speaker system allow you to swap left and right speakers to eliminate them as the culprit? Or you AMP if that's what you're going to?

When I shift the balance audio to the left, nothing plays. So yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back